Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically Explode Blocks By Default

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
909 Views, 1 Reply

Automatically Explode Blocks By Default

I'm using AutoCAD LT 2013, and I'm wondering if there's a way to invent a separate version of the "Insert Block" command where it's set by default to explode upon insertion.

Alternatively, although I doubt this one is possible in LT, I'd like to modify the "Insert Block" command in such a way that it automatically explodes certain blocks based on the directory they're in. For example, a block from "C:\Users\Downloads" would automatically explode upon insertion, but blocks that aren't within that directory would not.

I know virtually nothing about this side of things, but either of these options would make things much easier for me in my workflow.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

INSERT command, there is a box you can check on its popup menu to do exactly that. Start HELP and explore, it already does so many thing.

Or if you drag/drop from Toolpalettes, you can set each one to do that too.

Or if this only needs to apply to one block or few blocks, you can write a macro and click on buttons to do that as well.

More than that and you need to come up with us$4000 and upgrade to full AutoCAD and then learn to do so much more with the many custom programming languages it offers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost