Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic recovery every time for corrupt drawings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
423 Views, 3 Replies

Automatic recovery every time for corrupt drawings

I use Autocad Lt 2009. I often read drawings from network. I get the below error most of the time. I know RECOVER command will solve this error. but i should keep on typing the recover command in the command window to open the drawing. So my question is, is there any way so that when autocad encounters the corrupt drawing it automatically recovers the drawing and opens it??

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

What type of network?
Are you actuall saving your files after RECOVER is run? Are you also taking the extra step of running RECOVER on an XREFs that are attached?
Is the problem the same file or set of file, but all others work fine?
LT2009 is over 5-years old, is this a sudden new problem? What has changed on your newtwork or on your PC? Something did.

Some ideas here for how to fix files even if recover woks but is triggered all the time:
https://www.cadmasters.com/techsupp/Acad/corruptdwg.html
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Dear Pendean,

I access drawings from Wrench Enterprise software. I wont save the drawings. Some files work fine. Some files need Recover command to be invoked to open them. Autocad is working fine. Nothing has changed. When i get the error, again i have to invoke the recover command and open it. so my question is cant it take automatic recovery if error is encountered?

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

You just listed many reasons why you continue to have problems: a key requirement to recover working after the first time is to SAVE the file.
You also need to have a talk with the Wrench ES folks about your issue: it appears to not be fully AutoCAD friendly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost