Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCADLT 2014 freezes when attempting to print

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
bkraft99
1368 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCADLT 2014 freezes when attempting to print

I'm using Windows 7 and have an issue with a single dwg file, as soon as I push the print button AutoCAD goes to "not responding" and never comes back out of it. I have opened the same dwg file in LT 2012 and it prints without any problems. Also, all my other dwg files from other projects print without error in both 2012 and 2014. Have run an audit (no errors found) and purged all in the dwg and still no luck.

I found a forum on another site that indicated this issue has to do with AECCORE.crx file however was not able to get the fix they recommended to work.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: bkraft99

Is LT2014 updated? Needs to be either way.
What plotter is assigned in the file? Is it only available in LT2012?
Did you accept the 'migration' option when you installed and started LT2014? If yes, you may have muddied LT2014.
You can also just fix the one file: INSERT it into a template file that LT2014 does not crash with when plotting.
Message 3 of 6
bryce.thelin
in reply to: bkraft99

Here the service pack for AutoCAD LT 2014, if the program didn't prompt you to update:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL22264544

Check the page setup of the drawing to make sure it is still correct. You might need to recreate the page setup. Is AutoCAD LT 2012 on the same computer as 2014? Dean may be right about a bad settings migration. You can reset the program by clicking Start > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD LT 2014 > Reset Settings To Default. See also if you have acadlt.exe set to run as administrator. We often recommend having it this way. You might have 2012 set but not 2014.

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 4 of 6
martin_cdmm
in reply to: bryce.thelin

I've just started having this same problem, but Autocad LT 2014 has been running smoothly for a couple of weeks until now.

It doesn't matter which drawing I'm in - as soon as I click 'Plot' the system freezes and never recovers.

Help...............

Message 5 of 6
martin_cdmm
in reply to: martin_cdmm

Just tried Start > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD LT 2014 > Reset Settings To Default ; made no difference.
I'm running Windows 7 Pro.
Message 6 of 6
rwryan
in reply to: martin_cdmm

Hi Martin,

Did you ever get this problem sorted? I'm having the same issue now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost