Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutocadLT 2010 crashes on start-up (even after installing hotfix)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ZEI2
1917 Views, 3 Replies

AutocadLT 2010 crashes on start-up (even after installing hotfix)

I'm having a constant problem with Autocad 2010LT crashing on startup. After clicking on the AutocadLT 2010 icon the program starts to run, I see the start-up screen, and then everything disappears without any notice or error message.  

I have installed service Updates 1 and 2 as well as the "Startup Error and Text Editing Hotfix". Nothing that I have read on the forums seems to fix the problem. I'm running Windows 7 Professional (64-bit). I should also mention that I have been running this version of the software on this computer without any issues for over 1 year before encoutering this problem.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Charles_Shade
in reply to: ZEI2

What changed on your Computer?

And LT 2010 is not designed for Win 7. Did you install under compatability mode?

Is it a 64 bit seat of LT?

Message 3 of 4
ZEI2
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thanks for the quick reply Charles (nice house designs BTW).

The only thing that changed is that I installed the new version on Norton Internet Security. I doubt the version of Autocad LT I have is 64 bit, but I can't be sure because it doesn't say so in the box. We originally ran in the software in windows XP on a mac. 

I just looked in the Adlm log file, and this is the error message I'm getting:

Reason=Fatal error

ComputerName=ZEI2-THINK

OS=6.1.7601.Service Pack 1 (forum edit: note that Service pack 2 is installed)

File=AdlmIntLicense.cpp,Line=486

VendorID=6 [ADLMPIT]

VendorError=25 [Error has occured while parsing Product Information Table file]

Reason=Fatal error

ComputerName=ZEI2-THINK

OS=6.1.7601.Service Pack 1 (forum edit: note that Service pack 2 is installed)

File=AdlmIntLicense.cpp,Line=487

AdlmIntError=2 [Failed: Internal programming error]

Reason=Fatal error

ComputerName=ZEI2-THINK

OS=6.1.7601.Service Pack 1 (forum edit: note that Service pack 2 is installed)

File=AdlmIntSATSLicense.cpp,Line=958

AdlmIntError=17 [The license was not found]

I found a similar error on the forums and Autodesk's reply was the you need to re-install as soon as you get the "parsing Product Information Table file" error. The problem is that when I do this, the program runs fine for a couple of days, and then I get the error again. I've reinstalled the software about 10 times over the past three weeks. 

I'll reinstall and try your suggestion of running it in compatibility mode.

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: ZEI2

>>>...Norton Internet Security...<<<

That's been known to break AutoCAD for many years now. Uninstall it completely, restore you PC to the day/week before you did that, repair reinstall LT (or remove and reinstall it per Autodesk's guidelines), the test.

Autodesk recommended uninstall/reinstall procedures are as follows
Uninstall: http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS45252

Ensure the user installing/uninstalling and using the product have enough rights to do so (install and reinstall as local administrator):
Unable to run AutoCAD® as a restricted user http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1055299

BTW, 2010 only installs as a 64bit in Win7 64bit, and only 32bit in Windows 32bit: you could not mix and match no matter how hard you tried to do it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost