Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad will not load

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
design
1947 Views, 7 Replies

Autocad will not load

For some time I have noticed that there were directories for past versions of Autocad called Autocad LT 2009, Autocad LT 2010, Autocad LT 2011. I am not sure whether these were the exact directory names but they were something along these lines.   I assumed they were were redundant but having deleted them, my subscription version of LT 2012 will now not open. It gets as far as 'Checking License' and then stops. I don't think these were program files but they seem to play some part in the runnuing of the 2012 version.

I would be grateful fo some help.

Thankyou

Ian Robinson

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: design

Reinstall LT2012: it will offer to repair when you start up the installer and that should be all you need to do.

Message 3 of 8
design

THANKYOU

It has been a long day!

At the risk of appearing utterley usless, where can I download another copy to re-install? The download section seems to have various versions that include updates and fixes etc. What is the latest version?

Ian R

Message 4 of 8
Charles_Shade

From your Subscription page.

Sign in and the download should be available.

Also, request a DVD copy when you can. I think you need to change the shipping parameters of your subscription and it will be automatically sent to you.

And you are correct - Though the previous versions are not needed if you rip them out, especially from the Registry, it will mess with the current version. A System Restore can often put things back as they were if you want to try that. Go back prior to when you deleted the previous vesions or the trouble started.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 5 of 8
design
in reply to: Charles_Shade

THANKYOU. Downloading now!

Message 6 of 8
design

I downloaded  Autocad 2012 and ran in install, firstly as a repair & then as a complete re-install but the programme still trips out at the 'Checking Licence' stage on each installation. I have had 2 repair attempts and 3 complete reinstalls without success.

Does each new release of Autocad rely on any components of earlier versions? Is it that by removing the old versions I have lost some essential part or is each release completley independent?

Any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

I would be grateful for some further help.

Ian R

Message 7 of 8
design

Following on from my earlier post, I downloaded  Autocad 2012 and ran an install as advised - firstly as a repair & then as a complete re-install - but the programme still trips out at the 'Checking Licence' stage on each installation. I have had 2 repair attempts and 3 complete reinstalls without success.

Does each new release of Autocad rely on any components of earlier versions? Is it that by removing the old versions I have lost some essential part or is each release completley independent?

Any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

I would be grateful for some further help.

Ian R

Message 8 of 8
Charles_Shade

Follow this advice to ensure a Clean Install:

Remove Autodesk Products:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240817&id=2887771&siteID=123112

This should allow you to get the LT 2012 running. If it does not take advantage of the Subsrciption help that you have paid for.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost