Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD version converter

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
btmchugh
1328 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD version converter

I am working on a renovation of an old structure and the drawings I was given from the original design are autoCAD R12. I have AutoCAD 2013LT and AutoCAD 2009 available to me but I cannot open the file in either. There is no error message, when i try to open the R12 file it just opens autoCAD but a new document (it acts like I just clicked on the AutoCAD icon and not an existing document). I have tried to download several DWG and DXF converters but none of them have worked. What can I do to open this autoCAD R12 file? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hwalker
in reply to: btmchugh

I've tried searching on the web for converters, and found a couple, but each one says that file is corrupted and will not convert it.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: hwalker

hopefully you have a backup

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: btmchugh

Sorry, you have a dead file: I tried to open it with 3rd party programs that read DWG files and they all reported the file as unrecoverable.
What method did you store these files? That may have destroyed them.

Good luck, this file is unusable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost