Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad repeat command?

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
jakeslicks
66030 Views, 12 Replies

Autocad repeat command?

HI, Sorry to ask dimwit question and I tried to find the answer but....

Isnt there a setting/preference  that has to do with repeatng the previous command without having to hit the command or reentering the command ? I know not all commands have it but I recall some do. Isnt there a setting to control that?

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
hwalker
in reply to: jakeslicks

Just hit Return

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 13
Johneng

You can also press the space bar. You can also use the MULTIPLE command. You can also add a * before your macro for example *^C^CLINE;

Message 4 of 13
pendean
in reply to: hwalker

or right-click and select "repeat" listed at the top (especially useful too if you actually launched a menu macro and not just a single command).

or turn on fast right-clicking in OPTIONS and simply "fast right-click" to repeat the last command.

Message 5 of 13
jakeslicks
in reply to: Johneng

Thanks for the feedback!

I found a new one for me, anyways.

Went to Tools>options>user prefernces>"right click customization">.....then ther some options for using the and setting the function of the right mouse click..maybe thats what Ive been looking for.

Thanks all for the responses!

Message 6 of 13
Bob_Zurunkle

...you can even set that mouse to a time-sensitive click, to give more than one possible option of what that right-click does!

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 7 of 13
pendean

If you only turned off right-clicking, you just removed about a third of the LT program from access by you to get things done.

A big mistake you will wish you had not later.

Turn on time-sensitive right-click instead as I noted and as noted in the reply above this one.

Message 8 of 13
jakeslicks
in reply to: pendean

No I didint turn off the right clicker.

I went to :

Tools >options> user preferences>RIght Click Customization> >then under Default Mode I changed  it to     "if no objects are selected , right click means,"       "REPEAT LAST COMMAND" (instead of "short cut menu") 

Havent used it this way much yet but am going to try it.

Thanks again.!

Message 9 of 13
iangriffin25

I can't believe i have just found this out. I use autocad for small construction jobs i get and i draw up the jobs.

I found this thread after a google search to speed up my drawing times and this is has got to be the best one yet.

Thanks

Message 10 of 13
hwalker
in reply to: iangriffin25

Welcome to the Forums

If you have any questions or need help feel free to post here.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 11 of 13
cdavis7254
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for the reminder that I could do that!
Message 12 of 13
rizviadil41

Hi,

Dear Friend,

I am using Autocad 2016 and I am facing major problem in that.

For example: I have to draw a line I give a command L enter then again I have to give a same command for this to draw a line. 

It's means that for every command i have to enter twice. So please help.

@hwalker wrote:

Welcome to the Forums

If you have any questions or need help feel free to post here.

Message 13 of 13
pendean
in reply to: rizviadil41

How do you "give a command"?We can't tell, we cannot see you or your computer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost