Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT2015 Cursor Flicker

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
organicmodern
2582 Views, 6 Replies

Autocad LT2015 Cursor Flicker

The cursor flickers and redraws an awful lot in the 2015LT version.

The visual is wearing me out... I ended up returning to 2014 just to complete the rest of my work for the day... I'll put up with the crashing in windows 8.1

I notice a subtle difference in 2014 to 2015 - a dashed apperature box - any way to turn that off and make it solid, along with the ray that gets drawn when moving objects, and the little Icon next to the cursor that tells me what command I'm in?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: organicmodern

Video card is?
Windows OS is?
Did you try changing the hardware acceleration setting in LT2015?
Message 3 of 7
organicmodern
in reply to: pendean

Not to be a jerk but... I'm expecting a software upgrade, not a hardware upgrade!

Its the exact same system that was running LT2014 as LT2015.

For the record NVDIA Quado FX1700 running with a dell precision 4 core pentium with 32 meg memory

Windows 8.1 - the reason I'be been told to upgrade from lt14 to 15 to avoid crashing.

Tried various acceleration setting with same results. Not really thrilled with the results...

Thank you for the quick reply.

Please note my comment about the cursor rendering as a dotted line vs a solid line. Hoping its an insight for your tech programmers.

Message 4 of 7
braudpat

Hello from France

Q1) Have you tried to run ACAD LT 2015 WITHOUT "Graphic Hardware Acceleration" ?

Always bad display ? - Very often, it solves this graphic problem !?

Q2) You have a NVidia graphic Card so ...

Is is possible to DISABLE the "NVidia FXAA Anti-Aliasing" feature ?

Please look inside your NVidia Driver or Properties of the NVidia ? Often, it solves this graphic problem !?

Q3) Have you tried to install the latest NVidia driver for YOUR graphic card ?

The 2015 graphic display engine is using some new routines/features with the graphic card drivers !

So a lot of people have strange display problems ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
pendean

Remote assistance means you must share a lot more information than just what you initially wrote: we can't see your system.
This is also NOT Autodesk support: we are end users just like you except we've been around long enough to help troubleshoot problems for our Peet's.
Lastly: LT2914 is not LT2015, software vendors don't rehash the same exact software year after year: the code is always being added to and expanded and new issues crop up.
Now you know 😉
Message 6 of 7
organicmodern
in reply to: braudpat

The NVIDIA DRIVER was the problem (as supplied by NVIDIA). I recently DOWNLOADED FROM AUTODESK a driver that worked a lot better than the latest driver supplied by NVIDIA. Now I'm getting the clean crisp response that I was after! Woo hoo! No more flicker and running with accelleration on, alias off.

Message 7 of 7
nkjha303

i have autocad 2015 and laptop 16gb,1tb,2gb grafic,core i7.

when ever i m using autocad cursur is flicking with white line .

Need support...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost