Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT will not run

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
TONYDELGIUDICE1018
798 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD LT will not run

I nstalled the upgrade to 2012 and it will not start - 

I can't even get te older version to work

I can't work

The has been the same for the past 4 versions running on vista home premium with no problems until now

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

@TONYDELGIUDICE1018 wrote:

I nstalled the upgrade to 2012 and it will not start - 

Meaning what? You run the executable and nothing happens? If so, does it show up in the task manager?

Or you start it up and the editor appears but it's locked up? Or something else?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 9

I installed it on Monday and opened it to check and it ran fine On Tuesday I tried to run it for a job I'm doing and it shut off I did get a message about a corrupt disc and file and the screen went black - No Desktop I was on the phone with Microsoft last night till 2am and then again early this morning They downloaded a new driver for me and fixed the problem with the screen going black They tried all they could for AutoCAD but told me to contact AutoDESK When I start it up it goes through the initialization then I see where it says it is loading ribbons and such then it shuts off - It never opens to the drawing environment all this happens on the initial screen with the 3D picture I also tried to open it from a drawing file - The drawing opens and then shuts completely off.
Message 4 of 9

Have you tried doing a repair install?  Or launching from another user profile account?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 9

After loosing two days on this I took my reseller's advise - I un-installed 2012 and will use 2011 again which is absolutely ridiculous.

Money well spent. Don't you think?

After I finish the job I'm working on I will endeavor to install 2012 once more.

Hope there is a money back garuntee or even an exchange policy - I'll find out later

Message 6 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Thought I would try this one more time - Any help will be appreciated, especially from AutoDESK

I have uninstalled AutoCAD LT 2012 because of start up issues

When I try to start v2012 it gets as far as the 3D picture on the logo and then shuts down completely

I am running v2011 now

My system is as follows:

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 
Windows Vista Home Premium 
Intel (R) Core 2 CPU 
640@2.13 GHz 
2.00 GB Ram 
32 Bit OS 
NVDIA GEFORCE 8300GS 

Is there such a difference in v2012 that it will not run on my system anymore

Message 8 of 9

Message 9 of 9

...and too:

Remove Autodesk Products:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240817&id=2887771&siteID=123112

When I set up LT 2011 initially I ran into a dictionary problem. This involded removing registry entries as is noted in the Remove Autodesk POroducts. My or may not help you but if I think to look for the issue I'll post that thread. Seamed odd that this owuld kill the install but it was getting hung up never the less.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost