Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT to Full Version

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1055 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD LT to Full Version

At the small drafting firm I work for, my employer has supplied my coworkers and I with various editions of AutoCAD LT.

Another company we've begun working with exclusively uses Revit.

This among other reasons has my employer considering the purchase of a full version of Autocad.

Does Revit exchange files more politely with ACAD as opposed to ACADLT?

Has anyone else experienced the switch to ACAD from ACAD LT?

I expect that:

Express tools will be useful

the ability to work with the occasional 3d drawing will save headaches

LISP will be exciting, and eventually useful, but slow to learn and implement

(1) version of full ACAD will provide a noticable but not jaw-dropping increase in production.

Was this your observation?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

REVIT is nothing like full AutoCAD: consider REVIT LT instead if you all want better workflows with the REVIT firm.

LT is AutoCAD minus the items you mentioned as well as a few other things: very rarely have I seen anyone able to justify the practicality of +/-$4000.00 for one team member among LT users.

Contact a reseller in your region of the world for pricing on both: and consult your REVIT team, give them a voice if you really are eager about working with them flawlessly.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

The quick response is MUCH appreciated.

Revit LT for our work would be similar to swatting a fly with a backhoe... 

I would aggree that one version of ACAD would be difficult to justify.

However, LT covers our needs closely enough that several instances of full ACAD would be superfluous.

By my estimations, the greatest difference is LISP.

Is a LISP capable machine useful enough to warrant the purchase of a version of full ACAD?

I suppose this is a question I'll have to address with my coworkers.

Again, Much appreciated.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Full AutoCAD is best suited for an experienced complete AutoCAD-machine of a user: it's totally wasted on a LT user 'learning the ropes".

You hiring? amazing AutoCAD users that can squeeze every ounce out of that $4000 investment is the real productivity gain in a firm like yours.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Any committed person can learn the technical skills of drafting.

The only significant differences between full acad and LT are its abilities to manipulate 3d drawings, and LISP.

We're exclusively a 2d layout design firm. BIM modling is NOT useful to us. That's what the REVIT crew are for.

So 3D is NOT critical.

Leaving only LISP as the deciding factor.

Of the 13 people in the office, 7 are drafters. of those 7, only 2 are interested in LISP, and only one of us has the time to learn it.

My assesment is that one LISP user will cause more harm than good. We will most likely NOT be upgrading to full ACAD any time soon.

thanks,

-solution accepted-

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost