Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT PDF Export to Invisible Layers

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Nislet
598 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad LT PDF Export to Invisible Layers

Good afternoon,

I'm wondering if it's possible to automatically hide a layer when exported into PDF?

Forinstance, if I have a wall layer and a window layer, after I have exported them into PDF, both layers are present but only the wall layer is visible until you physically click on the window layer to view it (little eye icon to the left of the layer in Adobe Reader).

I have tried Google'in and looking around the forums to no joy.

Regards,

James.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
apurva_123
in reply to: Nislet

Make sure all layers you have are with turn-on "Plot" property in layer properties manager.

If "plot" property is turned-off then objects which are in those layers will not be visible in PDF.

Message 3 of 4
Albert_Rius

Hi James,

If you are trying to create a PDF, that when opens it has by default some layers visible and other  off. This can't be managed by the DWG to PDF driver provided with AutoCAD.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Albert Rius
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 4
pendean

You are describing an "automatically hidden layer" in your post: as in what you want is what you are already getting.

So can you better describe what it is you want to see in a PDF? AutoCAD only creates a PDF that looks like what you see on your screen and PDF Reader is not AutoCAD obviously so you can't make it behave like AutoCAD.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost