Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT on 2+ computers (iMac and License ?)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tbhammond
711 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD LT on 2+ computers (iMac and License ?)

I bought AutoCAD LT 2010 for my work computer (PC) when it came out and it works great for what I need it for (2D landscape plans).  I wanted to use it at home also, but I have an iMac.  So, I bought Windows 7 and installed it on my iMac and used AutoCAD with Bootcamp.  I could never get it to work right most of the time and I never really used it as much as I thought I would.

Now, I want to unistall Windows 7 from my iMac and get rid of it.  This would also get rid of the AutoCAD LT I installed on my iMac as well.  Though, I still want to be able to use AutoCAD LT 2010 (from the original purchase) possibly on another computer in the future.  I still have it installed at work and want to be sure I won't have to buy a new one.  Is there a limit on how many times it can be installed?  (I know you can't use them simultaneously).

Also, I'm thinking about just getting the student version of AutoCAD for Mac so I can practice some work at home.  I still only need it for 2D landscape plans mostly.  Please let me know if you have any thoughts on any of this.  Hope this all make sense - Many thanks in advance for any help/advice!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Charles_Shade
in reply to: tbhammond

Uninstall the program from the Mac as you wish.

Did you move the License over to this one to use it and have you put the License back on the original (work) install?

If not do that before you uninstall.

The trial will be for 30 days only. If you wich at the end you can purchas a Mac specfic license and use the program fully.

Autodesk recognizes the we purchase new systems from time to time and have crashes that require reinstalls. As long as you are not trying to do this every several days you should be fine. Besides you would have to purchase a new license to use it more than one at a time anyway.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost