Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT - how do I tell if I have the 64 bit version?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
djziese
4653 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD LT - how do I tell if I have the 64 bit version?

I purchased AutoCAD LT 2011 online and I am trying to figure out if I have the 64 bit version. My product version is E.52.0.0.

I am looking to purchase a computer and I want to make sure I purchase the correct operation system.

Thank you in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: djziese

I believe it says as much on the downloaded file.

You get both 32bit and 64bit with your purchase, normally either two separate links (and you have to seek out 64bit) or you can get the CD for free from Autodesk HERE.

Message 3 of 9
alt_bob
in reply to: pendean

I wornly loaded 64 bit 2011 for XP home and after expanding says cannot install, but cannot find a default folder or in add/remove pgms! Online seller sent me to Autodesk who sends me back to seller on how to remove and download 32 bit. Any suggestions?

Message 4 of 9
Charles_Shade
in reply to: alt_bob

Follow this advice from Autodesk for Registry Entries. Should get you back to a clean install.

Remove Autodesk Products:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240817&id=2887771&siteID=123112

Then Dean's link above and request the media. I've read too many problems with downloading the program. Good to have something solid in your hands.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 5 of 9
pendean

There is nothing to remove/uninstall if it did not install, as it apparently did not.

If you just want to delete the folder that it expanded to, use Windows Explorer: you did keep track of where that ended up, correct? normally it's at c:/autodesk/PROGRAMNAME

Message 6 of 9
alt_bob
in reply to: pendean

Thanks. 

Now  as I see no way oto mark this as instructied per help - "solution?"   Maybe when I post?

@pendean wrote:

There is nothing to remove/uninstall if it did not install, as it apparently did not.

If you just want to delete the folder that it expanded to, use Windows Explorer: you did keep track of where that ended up, correct? normally it's at c:/autodesk/PROGRAMNAME

Message 7 of 9
Charles_Shade

Since you did not originate the thread you cannot Accept as Solution

Message 8 of 9
alt_bob
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thank you, sir!

I spent servealminutes tyring to find the icon and after posting reply to what turned out to be the proecess that got me cleaned up and installed trying to understand what I missed.   Guess, I need to read the entire help information.  

Unhappy camper at present - I called the online seller per Autodesk website for help who set me up an account so I could use something called "Up & Ready" as he said they had no idea.  Up & Ready wanted me to subscribe before would provide nay help, but somehow gave me option to e-mail Registrationa and Activation.   They e-mail that they only to Reg & Activate issues!  Seems like my problem to me?!  And they continue that my problem is issue for the online sales dept.

Good thing Autodesk has a good prodect and widely used, their help and service departments would put them out of business in 3 days otherwise.

But, I am up and going and starting with the "rebbon".  Expected retirement to be simpler than this.  Again, thank you.

Message 9 of 9
pendean

No worries, as long as it worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost