Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT Error Aborting when plotting

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
patrick.wilkinson
690 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD LT Error Aborting when plotting

Hello.  I get a AutoCAD LT Error Aborting window with the contents FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0034 Exception at 265d985fh when I attempt to plot using a custom created border that is imported into paper space using a .dwt file for a new drawing.

The error occurs with both 2013 LT and a fresh install of 2014 LT and is limited to one computer / user with another computer / user with the same software not having the issue using the same .dwt file.

The error occurs when plotting to any plotter including the DWG to PDF plot selection.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: patrick.wilkinson

What is unique about the one PC that works? Something is different if the same exact file plots fine on one PC but not the other PC.
Message 3 of 4

Hi Pat,

It sounds like AutoCAD LT has some bad settings files, especially if it is just one user on one computer that gets the crash. Try resetting AutoCAD LT to defaults by clicking Start > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD LT 2013 > Reset Settings To Default. It will let you save your current settings first.

It is interesting that two versions of AutoCAD LT both crash. They don't use the same settings files. You might have a bad user profile in Windows. Try creating a brand new admin account, log in to it, and then see if AutoCAD LT can plot.

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 4 of 4

Thank you for the guidance.

The comment on the bad user profie resulted in me trying to plot with my profile on the bad computer which worked without any issue.

I was also able to plot the Autocad sample borders that come with the sofware using the bad user profile on the bad computer.

When I removed the text containing attribute definitions from the custom border it printed fine on the bad computer with the bad profile.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost