Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT Application has stopped working

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
jtda
7559 Views, 10 Replies

AutoCAD LT Application has stopped working

2011 ACAD LT continuously crashes when working, closing files, sitting idle while minimized, etc.  No consistant command makes it stop working and shut down.  Very frustrating.  Program has been working fine since '11 and just started crashing.  No new hardware installed.  Win 7 64 bit, AMD Radeon HD 5450 display with up to date driver.  I've searched all threads and updated the display driver, Windows, ACAD LT, HP print driver.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: jtda

Is this recent problem, or have you lived with it for 3+ years? if recent, what changed?
Message 3 of 11
jtda
in reply to: pendean

Program has been working fine for 3 years. The stopped working crashes have been happening for the past month or so. I’ll work for a day or two with multiple files open with no problem and think things are fixed, and then it stops working and shuts down the program. I use the machine to earn a living and not for gaming or play. The only changes to my system have been unsolicited windows updates on shutdown. I’ve manually updated windows 7, adobe reader and flash, AMD display driver and HP officejet 8500a printer driver since crashes started, to no avail. I’ve always used CC cleaner, Norton 360, malewarebytes and super anti spyware anti virus to keep the machine clean. Very frustrating as production and earnings are being affected.

Message 4 of 11
pendean

Windows 7 System Restore back to a month or year it all worked may be all you need to do.
And you can always turn off Windows updates: I do. As for software updates that may have broken AutoCAD, the Windows System Restore may undo those as well.

Try to observe what's unqiue on the days it crashes: is it certain files? Is it while working from a specific drive or folder? Do you have something plugged into your PC? Observe and report, no one can fix your PC remotely except you, so the more inforation you provide and more likely someone will guess at a fix.
Message 5 of 11
jtda

Thanks pendean. I’ll give that a try after I back everything up.
Message 6 of 11
pendean

Message 7 of 11
VWARENA

I have recently moved my AutoCAD LT 2010 to a new Dell Optplex 3020 PC with a Win 7 OS.  When I open a drawing and start editing, the ACAD App stops and the "AutoCAD Application has stopped working" window pops up.  The odd thing is that it only happens at the start of the day and not the rest of the day, very curious indeed.  Any ideas out there for a fix?

Message 8 of 11
pendean
in reply to: VWARENA

Do you log-in in WIndows then quickly launch AutoCAD?
Message 9 of 11
jtda
in reply to: VWARENA

My computer guy suggested switching out the video card, which I did. I haven’t crashed while in a drawing, but it did stop working today while minimized during a download of several pictures.
Message 10 of 11
VWARENA

No, I startup my e-mail, iTunes and usually check the news on the web first before launching into an AutoCAD project.

Message 11 of 11
pendean

Unplug your phone from your computer, turn off iTunes, turn off Win7's aero theme and see if your first-start issue goes away.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost