Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad LT 97 on Windows 7

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
TM716
3257 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCad LT 97 on Windows 7

I use the AutoCad LT 97 at work for exporting DXF files so that I can modify the drawings for our customers.  I've been using that software forever.  My employer upgraded my computer to Windows 7 - I can open the AutoCad but after a few minutes I get this error: 

FATAL ERROR: Heap Error

Then it closes down.  So I can "work" in it but I keep getting interrupted.  What is the best plan of action?  If I do upgrade, will all previous files still open/read/work correctly in it? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Charles_Shade
in reply to: TM716

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

There are a number of users who have gotten ancient software to work on the newer OS's.

Search this Discussion Site for the program Longbow I believe.

Also you may want to look in this Forum for ideas:

Installation and Licensing Forum:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

Best would be to upgrade to LT 2014. Many changes and enhancements but if all you are doing is exporting there may be better solutions for you.

Do you need to use AutoCAD LT to make the revisions to the DWG files?

All previous files will be able to be opened and used. Backward compatability could be an issue on the other end if you decide to use the newer software.

Download a Trial of LT 2014 and see for yourself.

Message 3 of 4
TM716
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thank you - yes, it's just to add borders, make a few revisions, that sort of stuff.  I need very little from AutoCad which is why the LT97 version has been on our computer forever.  I downloaded the trial version you suggested.  Thank you so much, hopefully it works out and we can go forward with an upgrade. 

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: TM716

Some users with old AutoCAD software have had success with this add-on:
www.longbowsoftware.com/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost