Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2015 Service Pack Failed Installation Error 1624

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
richardsanders
2357 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2015 Service Pack Failed Installation Error 1624

Installed: AutoCAD LT - 2015

Problem: AutoCAD LT 2015 crashes, locks up, spits out recovery options, happens during various activities, no single repeatable error.

October 2014 - Suggested Resolution from Autodesk: Install Service Pack 1.

Got the link, but can't install Service Pack 1 due to immediate pop-up after an initial "Preparing To Install..."

Stating:

A problem prevented the Service Pack from being installed.

Contact your system administrator.

Error Code: 1624

December 2014 - same problem still occuring, but followup email now directs: Install Service Pack 2.

Got the link, but still can't install Service Pack 1, and now  can't install Service Pack 2 due to same issue.

Same Error Code: 1624

A quick online search reveals this is a Windows Error Code, but there is no easy-to-find solution specific to AutoCAD LT.

If this is a Security issue, why can't I just Right-Click and run the Service Pack executable "In Administrator Mode"?

If this is a Directory "Ownership" issue, why can't Microsoft provide a button that simply says "you have not taken the dozens of stupid follow-the-bouncing-ball steps from various and sundry vague and confusing Bulletins describing a seemingly random collection of potential folders that you may, or may not, need to "take ownership" of for the Administrator group of users, followed by another round of setting "Permissions" to Full, which you will also be unable to correctly do, since you have NO idea which folders to change...hahaha...now, CLICK HERE TO FIX."

Is there any reasonable solution?

Possibly some easy thing I've missed or need to update first?

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Is there a step-by-step solution from Autodesk to allow the average user, already logged in with an account in the Administrator group, to address this problem?

I'd love to simply Download, then Install, the Service Packs - and let Autodesk handle things correctly so I can just use the software.

Any help with that?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: richardsanders

The error 1624 is a general windows error referring to an error applying transforms.

Normally this occurs after uninstall the product, and the uninstallation failed to remove temporary installation components.

These failures, create an entry inside the <Product>Installation(<Lang-Country).log file against an .mst file in the C:\WINDOWS\Installer directory.

Search for a line like this (bellow) just before the line containing the mst file pat.

Property(S): SourcedirProduct = {xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx} where each "x" correspond to a specific code.

Open the registry editor, search for this key, back up and delete each entry containing this key.

Close the registry editor.

Rerun the SP installation. It should work.

FOR PETE'S SAKE BACK UP YOUR WINDOWS REGISTRY BEFORE YOU EDIT IT.
Message 3 of 3
richardsanders
in reply to: pendean

OK, here is what I tried.

1) Click Start, typed <System Restore>, created a Restore Point.

2) Click Start, typed <regedit>, [Enter], Click [File], [Export], select destination (desktop), typed a filename <registrybackup>, [Save]

3) With no real-life example from your own machine, I searched for a registry entry that could match your generic "<Product>Installation(<Lang-Country).log" by assuming this would be called "AutoCADLT2015InstallationEnglishUSA.log" by using <Ctrl-F>, but was unable to locate one.

4) So I hit <Ctrl-F> again and searched instead for any registry key with "SourcedirProduct"
- but after quite a wait while it searched,
my PC was unable to find any key at all that included "SourcedirProduct"
regardless of what other 'code' would have been in the value fields.

5) So...I tried <Ctrl-F> once again and this time searched for ".mst" - but once again did not find anything.

6) On a whim, I tried <Ctrl-F> once again and searched for anything with the path <C:\WINDOWS\Installer>, hoping to find any entry for a "transform".
- It found lots of hits that named other programs, and I continued to hit F3 looking for anything with AutoCAD LT.
- Found some, for both a previous version that is still installed, as well as the current AutoCAD LT 2015.
- On each entry including that file-path, which corresponded to nearby description indicating this was related to AutoCAD LT with entry showing any kind of "----.mst" file, I did this:

- - double-clicked on the word "Transform"

- - When the dialogue box opened, I deleted whatever was in the string value box, such as:
"C:\Windows\Installer\{5783F2D7-E009-0000-0102-0060B0CE6BBA}\acadlt.mst;C:\Windows\Installer\{5783F2D7-E009-0000-0102-0060B0CE6BBA}\acadlt-standalone.mst".
 - - Then I hit [Enter] to save that with an empty value

- - Hit [F3] to find the next one.

7) After deleting 5-6 of these, only other programs were coming up, so I went to [File], [Exit] to get out of Regedit.

😎 Rebooted

9) Double-Clicked on the AutoCAD LT 2015 Service Pack 1....and...SUCCESS.

10) Did the same to install Service Pack 2.

thanks!

A bit difficult to follow what to do with your instructions, due to my own unfamiliarity with what to look for, but eventually I found it once you pointed me to the registry and with enough description to figure out what you meant.

For others with a similar Error 1624 issue, try the above, and see if this also solves your problems!

AutoCAD may someday offer a "registry cleaner" routine to get rid of invalid registry entries that cause problems, but until then, be sure to EXPORT a copy of your Registry before you jump in and delete things 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost