Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2015 Service Pack 2 fails to load properly

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
allen
543 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2015 Service Pack 2 fails to load properly

There is no error message, I am getting the frame with no tool bars. Unable to open any drawings.....

This is after loading service pack 1, then attempting to load service pack 2.

I am being told to load the service pack 2 to prevent the software from crashing which is happening intermittently.

Any assistance is appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: allen

Restart Widnows and try again.

And/or read this thread and ensure it's not the same issue: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-lt-general-discussion/autocad-lt-2015-service-pack-failed-inst...

SP2 fixes (and not) are listed here, any of these actually apply to you (crash list is very specific here): http://knowledge.autodesk.com/sites/default/files/file_downloads/AutoCAD_2015_and_AutoCAD_LT_2015_SP...
Message 3 of 5
allen
in reply to: pendean

It appears you are requiring me to edit the registry. I spent approximately 1 hour attempting to follow your instruction to no avail. No sure why I am required to perform that level of fix and why this is not offered by AutoCad given that your service pack is what is not loading properly. It is easier for me to uninstall and reinstall the software without the service pack....and just wait days, weeks whatever for it to crash again.....problem is not solved.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: allen

Friend: this is peer support. End users like me helping other end users like you. No one here is representing Autodesk.

If you did not pay for subscription support to talk to Autodesk then you are for the most part on your own to find help. This forum is here for us end users to help each other.

If you did buy subscription, then log into that site, tap the CONTACT US button, and ask Autodesk for help.

FWIW: if reinstalling fixes the problem for a while, then you could probably benefit from turning off Windows automatic updates altogether. Update Windows manually only if and when you feel the updates are worth it.

Good luck.
Message 5 of 5
allen
in reply to: pendean

Thanks Dean, I appreciate your follow up. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost