Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2015 - Selected object highlighting

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
jgregp
20761 Views, 23 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2015 - Selected object highlighting

Any body aware if it's possible to make selected objects appear "dotted" as in 2014?

The "glow" effect in 2015 although very pretty, is sometimes difficult for me to see certain objects in certain colours.

A combination of the two would be ideal for me!

TIA

Greg

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
pendean
in reply to: jgregp

Set SELECTIONEFFECT variable to 0 (zero) I believe is what you seek.
Message 3 of 24
jgregp
in reply to: pendean

Many thanks Dean.

Message 4 of 24
pschultz

SELECTIONEFFECT is great to know and fixed me too, but, where is it in the Options tabs??  I could not find it!

Message 5 of 24
Yonas89

is it possible to do it vice versa? I have tried 2015 and I really loved this feature, however I am using 2014, and my command line says that this command is unknown. 

Message 6 of 24
pendean
in reply to: Yonas89

Since the "problem" doesn't exist in 2014 (therefore you can't use this fix), what exactly are you seeing in 2014 that needs to change?
Message 7 of 24
drjohn

@Yonas89 wrote:

is it possible to do it vice versa? I have tried 2015 and I really loved this feature, however I am using 2014, and my command line says that this command is unknown. 

Perhaps SELECTIONPREVIEW is the one.

Controls the display of selection previewing.

Objects are highlighted when the pickbox cursor rolls over them. This selection previewing indicates that the object would be selected if you clicked. The setting is stored as a bitcode using the sum of the following values:

Off

On when no commands are active

On when a command prompts for object selection

Message 8 of 24
Yonas89
in reply to: drjohn

Big thanks for your answers guys. However my question actually was is it possible give that nice blue "glow" to selected objects (as it is in 2015 version) in 2014 version. I set my selection preview parameter to 3, which highlights the objects which I want to choose. However after I click on them, they appear "dotted" and I want them to appear with that nice blue glow as it is in 2015. I am using Civil 3d, but I suppose it has no difference for display parameters.  

Message 9 of 24
pendean

if you want it you need to be on 2015.
Message 10 of 24
Yonas89

thanks, thats all I wanted to know:)

Message 11 of 24
Joyce.K

I tried to find the SELECTIONEFFECT tool but it doesn't seem to turn up anywhere. 

Its driving me insane that I can't see my selection properly. Definitely want the dashed selection back. 

I'm using autocad for mac 2015.

Any help would be very very appreciated!

Message 12 of 24
pendean
in reply to: Joyce.K

Wron forum for your question: MAC forum is here http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac/ct-p/3011
Message 13 of 24
ferollo92

selection effect won't appear in my command line in autocad 2015 for mac. Any ideas? it is very annoying since i have no idea what i have selected while working. Thank you
Message 14 of 24
pendean
in reply to: ferollo92

You are in the wrong forum for your product: MAC forum is here http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac/ct-p​/3011
Message 15 of 24
joakim.stumle

I am using AutoCAD 2014 on Windows 7.

I would like selected lines/objects to appear yellow instead of dotted. Is this possible?

selline.png

Thank you!

/Joakim

Tags (1)
Message 16 of 24
pendean
in reply to: joakim.stumle

I don't think so: but if you want to find out, start OPTIONS command, click on the second tab from the left, click on the colors button and explore Changing the color from gray to yellow.
Message 17 of 24
ralph_d
in reply to: ferollo92

Did you find a solution? I have the same problem!

Message 18 of 24

Message 19 of 24
allent392

Thank you Dean!

Message 20 of 24
aa
Explorer

I have changed the system variables SELECTIONEFFECT and PRESELECTIONEFFECT both to 0.  This changed the highlighting of selected objects outside of a command (before command entered) to dashed lines, as promised.  However, when I select objects within commands (after command entered), teh selected objects are still just grayed out.  This is a problem because I am color blind and use several grays as standard layer colors.  Is there a setting that changes the highlighting of selected objects to dashed lines within commands?  Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost