Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2015 - Object selection & general drawing lag

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1046 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2015 - Object selection & general drawing lag

I've been looking into the issues with ACAD LT 2015 misbehaving for some time now and I've not been able to find a resolution and the support service from our license supplier has been terrible. So I'm hoping that someone here may be able to provide an answer or a few more ideas of things to try.

We have 4 computers all running ACAD LT 2015 and experiencing the same problem with all of them. Due to the issue appearing on all of the machines, I have singled out one for testing.

The Issue: Drawings will become slower and slower to respond to the point of not responding due to heavy input/selection lag. It has gotten to the point where all users on ACAD LT 2015 are experiencing these slowdowns seldom causing the application to crash or enter a none responsive state.

System Information:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
          Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
          System Model: Precision T1600
          BIOS: Default System BIOS
          Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31225 @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
          Memory: 8192MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA Quadro 600
     Manufacturer: NVIDIA
     Chip type: Quadro 600
     DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
     Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DF8&SUBSYS_083510DE&REV_A1
     Display Memory: 4095 MB
     Dedicated Memory: 977 MB
     Shared Memory: 3118 MB
     Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.3182 (English)
     Driver Version: 9.18.13.3182

Previously raised questions from our CAD support company.

1.       Any messages in the Event Viewer? Please send those too.

There are no events in Event Viewer
2.       What version of Adobe Reader is installed? Have any earlier versions been on this computer?

Adobe Reader XI v11.0.07
3.       Do you have Adobe Shockwave Flash installed?

Shockwave Flash: 32bit; ActiveX: v14.0.0.145; Plug-in: v14.0.0.145
4.       Do you have MS Silverlight installed?

MS Silverlight: Installed; 64bit; Version: 5.1.30514.0

As part of troubleshooting it was suggested to downgrade from .NET v4.5.1 back to v4.5: This has now been tested in both and still shows the issues.

Additionally, I have removed all instances of the Visual C++ Redists & reinstalled from the installers on that come with LT 2015.

ACAD LT 2015 has been uninstalled and reinstalled cleanly several times on some of the machines. The one that I was testing on was a fresh installation of windows. Files that were being used and referenced are all stored locally on a clean/default ACAD profile.

I have also tried running through the general list of commands and tweaks to speed up previous versions of AutoCAD however it doesn't seem to matter what I try this is still evident in the drawings.

All drawings have been tested in ACAD 2012 and ACAD LT 2014 and they work without any issues. This has been tested on machines with lower specs as well as on another machine with identical hardware to that which I've listed. I've provided a video to show one of the milder cases that appeared today, if anybody has any suggestions or ideas on how to resolve this I would be grateful!

(Posted as a link because it didn't wish to add from the video tool) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j24AMhqL38

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

As a test, if you unplug from your network and use AutoCAD/files on the user PC, does the problem continue?

Did you install Autodesk 360? uninstall it and see if that helps.

Some other ideas/tips:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/tag/lag/tg-p/tag-id/5514/board-id/706
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015/autocad-2014-lt-and-win-8-really-lag/td-p/39406...
http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?82647-Lagging-Slow-Jerky-movemements-of-the-pointer-in-...
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I will request someone on site to test without the ethernet cable plugged in and see how things go.

I have tested with Infocenter/Autodesk 360 disabled, I have also toyed with the adaptive degradation settings being on and off as well as with hardware acceleration enabled and disabled. Additionally I've done as people have been mentioning and tested with icons turned off.

On top of that I've tested with the command line off, antivirus software disabled, purging all objects that aren't being used and removing all hatching (Just in case it was affecting it but this still leaves the drawing laggy when selecting objects).

Next on my list of things to try are some of the following which I've found by digging through articles here and over the internet.

1. rename AecCore.crx that can solve "lag of open multiplue files issue"
2. Attempt changing ISAVEPERCENT to 0 (Makes every save a full save)
Additionally set ISAVEBAK to 1 so that it creates a BAK file.
3. Purge DGN linetypes (I believe I've already done this however will test again)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost