Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2014

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1523 Views, 10 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2014

I recently installed the software AutoCAD LT 2014.

When I do a save/saveas, it crashes and creates a .tmp file and when I open the recover file, I get this message 'Unable to load profile file. Some profile information saved in the last session may not be restored.' 

No ribbons or my profile is loaded, all custom commands restore back to default, have to manually bring out my toolbars that I normally use on a daily like my Layer and Properties windows.

I can't copy blocks or anything from another drawing into the drawing I am on, ctrl c is unresponsive.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

First thing is to shut down and do a hard reboot. You never know.

Try a Repair Install if you have the disk to see if that will clean up your issues.

Or download and run the installer again. I will assume this will ask to do a repair install this way.

Next more drastic measures:

Autodesk Recommended Clean Install Procedure:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240817&id=2887771&siteID=123112

.NET Cleanup Utility:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/NET-Framework-Cleanup-Tool-for-Unhandled-Except...

Remove all .NET and C++ installs from your machine.

Reinstall and open for the first time as an administrator on your machine.

Message 3 of 11
pendean

Is your Windows log in as a Limited / Restricted User, or Local/ Full Administrator?
Windows version?
Is this a new problem or been around since you installed LT2014?
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thanks I will try this approach.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I am the admin of my computer.

This started when I was trying out the trial version for CAD 2014.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

This is the error message I've seen when I first installed the trial version for CAD 2014. Same now when I'm trying to install LT 2014.

Message 7 of 11
philip.s

Hi Edith!

Per the following Warning 1946 solution"This is a known issue not only in Autodesk products. This error may occur due to several factors and seems to be random in its appearance. We are looking into preventing the issue in the future. Click OK and continue with the installation. This error will not adversely affect the installed application."

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

I have yet to find a solution. I did everything in the previous posts of what I should do, still the same problem.

I reinstalled CAD LT and used it fine one time until i had to reopen CAD about an hour later. A message of unable to restore my previous session.....etc.

Do I need to call customer service at this point?

I rather return the software and find something else similar to CAD if this cannot be fixed.

Message 9 of 11
pendean

Why are you installing the materials library? I'm curious, seems where your screenshot shows you got stuck.
If you unplug from your network/Internet does your problem go away? Sounds like your cloud sync is stuck.

As a general rule if a trial fails to work so will a purchase of that trial: the days of partial program trials died a very long time ago. Most trials are full software with restrictions based on time alone. Don't make this mistake with your next software.
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

What are your suggestions?

Installing the materials library because i left it to download on my computer while I stepped away, Is downloadin the library an issue? So you are saying I don't need it at all?

Message 11 of 11
pendean

Custom Installation Option, you don't need the Materials Library.
While there, eliminate all the other litter added like sample files etc.

Read this post about how to fix the install mess you have now instead of relying only on WIndows:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-LT/AutoCAD-LT-2014/m-p/4425509#M116649
I suggest using a freeware like CCLEANER to clean up your WIndows Registry after the software removal and restarting your PC before you reinstall LT (if that is what you decide).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost