Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2014 - problem with tool palettes

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
CadMaster1966
1032 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD LT 2014 - problem with tool palettes

Ok, this is a really weird one to me...

My computer was just upgraded to AutoCAD LT 2014 from AutoCAD LT 2013 this morning. When I open the Tool Palettes and "click" on a block to insert it into my drawing, it brings in a block that is not the one I picked...and it doesn't matter which Palette I go to and which block I click on...it always brings in the exact same block (a Range Hood block). When I check the "properties" of the block in the palette, everything is correct...it is pathed to the correct block, it has the correct block name and image, but no matter which block I pick...it always brings in the same Range Hood block...BUT...if I "click and drag" any of the blocks and drop it in to my dwg...it works just fine...only when I "click" it and move my cursor into my dwg, does it bring in that range hood block...and these are the default palette files (.atc) that came with 2014. We tried a complete uninstall and then reinstalled it again...same thing. Has anyone had this same issue...does anyone have any suggetions.

Thx

Tim

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: CadMaster1966

Is this problem limited to one DWG file?
You are only using the free samples blocks in LT?
Did you make the mistake of 'migrating' using that option when you first started or installed LT2014?
Is LT2013 still on the same PC? Or did they uninstall it AFTER installing LT2014?

Nothing changed in LT2014 from LT2013 in regards to TP so the problem is more likely unique to a file or something else. Ensure LT2014 is fully patched/updated too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost