Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2014 on Windows 8 - Slow switching between layouts

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
salmelaarch
3367 Views, 7 Replies

Autocad LT 2014 on Windows 8 - Slow switching between layouts

We installed Autocad LT 2014 on our new computer and I noticed that it is unusually slow to switch between layouts. 

The bottom bar (where the paper/model space button is) kept flashing/switching as if its thinking whenever i click from one layout to another.  Even when Im zooming in and out, the bottom bar kept flashing slowly.

I was hoping that a new computer+new cad will make our work more efficient and faster, but i noticed theres a lot of lagging and general slowness in loading files. please help! thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: salmelaarch

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Some new computer specs please.

Message 3 of 8
pendean

See if this 'flickering' issue applies to you:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-LT/AutoCAD-LT-2014-Flickering-Issue/td-p/3875348
Otherwise others have reported slow switching between layouts in 2014 products in Win8, I've not seen a fix yet. Worth trying: change the hardware acceleration in LT2014 (if it's on, kill it, if it's off, turn it on) and see if that helps.
Message 4 of 8
gccdesign

I found that the solution shown in the thread "AutoCAD LT 2014 Flickering Issue" did the trick. Handled a couple problems. You replace the file "AecCore.crx" with a 2013 version.

It worked for an LT 2014 installation on a Dell laptop with Win7 64 & a desktop with Win8 64.

No undesirable side effects so far from that solution.

For me, turning off hardware acceleration did not help anything.

Sorry, I don't know how to paste in a link like Mr. Pendean does.

GChapp

Message 5 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: gccdesign

Thanks for offering additional information to the OP concerning thier issue.

Message 6 of 8
salmelaarch

3DCONFIG command and enabling the hardware acceleration seem to work so far. 

Many thanks for the help!

Message 7 of 8
salmelaarch

After trying out the 3DCONFIG / enabling hardware acceleration, I noticed that the problem starts again when I have a few drawings open at the same time. 

I click' check for updates' to see if there are any updates for the graphics hardware. but it says that its uptodate

computer spec:

Windows 8, 64-bit, English

3rd gen Intel Core i5-3330 processor 3.0 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.20 GHz

8GB DDR3 SDRAM, 1600MHz-2X4GB

Integrated Intel HD Graphics

1TB Hard Drive, 3.5", 7200rpm, SATA

many thanks for all the help

Message 8 of 8
pendean

Try the other suggestion noted above.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost