Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2014 Object Enabler

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
2215 Views, 12 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2014 Object Enabler

Can I install the AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014 Object Enabler on a trial version of AutoCAD LT 2014?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Is LT2014 on the list of programs that OE supports? try it and find out if you can't read the help file that comes with the OE.
The trial version is the same exact 100% identical to the full version, it just times out after 30-days.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

We have the AutoCAD LT 2014 trial version installed, but when I tried installing the 3D Object Enabler, it didn't recognize that there was an Autodesk product currently on the computer.  It said that an Autodesk product had to be installed first before installing the enabler.  

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

To answer your question if the OE supports LT2014, the answer is no (I think :-)).  However, other companies that we work with were able to install this OE on LT2014.

Message 5 of 13
DarrenP

ask them how they go it to work

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

I would love too, but they are our competitors and doubt they would divulge information that could give us the upper hand.  Basically we are trying to determine if the LT2014 version will give us the capabilities to do what we need it to do rather then having to buy the full version.

Message 7 of 13
pendean

Did you try it? Thinking is not the same as trying it and finding out.

There is no way to install an OE into a variant/version that would not normally install as it doesn't work like that, someone is pulling your leg.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I appreciate your snarky response, but my leg is not being pulled.  Just spoke with a guy and he assured me that it should work, so his advice was to try a previous version of the OE.

Message 9 of 13
Charles_Shade

Can't say I see Plant 3d OE for LT 2014:

OE.jpg

There is a Plant 3D OE for AutoCAD Full but as was said this will not install on LT.

Check your leg again and make sure you are talking all apples with the "guy".

Sounds like they are trying to keep that leg up on you. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 13
dgorsman
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I'm less of a "black helicopter" guy.  I'm thinking that they have Plant3D and/or vanilla AutoCAD installed on those computers, either in place of or in addition to LT.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 11 of 13
pendean

Like I said, download the OE (old, new, whatever) and try it: that's all they can do too and you both will have the same exact result. It installs fine in AutoCAD 2014 here, it does not find LT2014 on the same PC.

If there is a secret handshake way to do it I'm not inside that inner circle to know (or maybe I'm not allowed to say or my brothers will do horrible things to me).

Good luck my friend: you seem to be trying everything except to test what is being said here with LT2014, hope that's not true.
Message 12 of 13
atech-kimura

Message 13 of 13

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost