Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2014 Layer Filters

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
bwildrick
1491 Views, 12 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2014 Layer Filters

Anyone know how to get the layer filters that are built in to work in the layer manager without pushing the setting into the toolbar?  I had the same problem with LT 2013 on my old 32 bit machine.  Others in the office running 64 bit did not have this problem with 2013.  Running Windows 7 professional 64-bit.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: bwildrick

on 13 you click the wrench and uncheck that option...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 3 of 13
bwildrick
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

yeahhh I knew that.  When you uncheck the box the filters don't work at all.  That is actually the problem.

Message 4 of 13
pendean

Not sure I understand the question...?

Message 5 of 13
bwildrick
in reply to: pendean

Maybe an example will help clarify the issue.  I am working on a drawing with 5 external references (xref) with a total of 210 layers.  When I select a specific xref in the filter tree I SHOULD (as in previous versions) only see those 30 layers in the list of layers in the layer manager.  This is not the case.  I still see all 210 layers.  They will display properly in the layer manager if I change the setting "Apply layer filter to layer toolbar" by checking the box.  I don't want to have to do this it is a reduction in funtionality.  I just checked with several other people in the office and they have the same issue.

Message 6 of 13
pendean

Seems to work fine in 2014 in Win7Pro 64bit here, just like in previous versions (2013 and 2012 on this PC): we don't have any 32bit OS systems to test and confirm it's still there or not, sorry.

Message 7 of 13
bwildrick

Well the filter worked fine in LT 2012 then did not in 2013 or in 2014.  Since I have checked every seat in my office on a mixture of 32 and 64 bit machines and not one person's filter is working, I refuse to accept that I have the only defective office in the world.  I feel there is an issue with this program.  I still don't think everyone fully understands the issue so I have attached a word document with screen shots and descriptions.  I need Autodesk to tell me that it is there intent to remove this functionality.

Message 8 of 13
bmast.rdtarch

I have the same issue STILL. I must leave "Apply layer filter to layer toolbar" checked and so filters work at all in the Layer Properties Manager.
Message 9 of 13
jasonium
in reply to: bmast.rdtarch

Same thing here on all 2014 64 bit machines. this needs to be fixed. 

If apply layer filter to layer toolbar is unchecked, all layers in the drawing are displayed in the layer manager. When clicking on an xref in the layer manager, it displays all layers in the drawing, not just the xref. 

Message 10 of 13
pendean
in reply to: jasonium
Message 11 of 13
pendean
in reply to: bmast.rdtarch
Message 12 of 13
bwildrick

While I do appreciate the renewed interest in this topic after 18 months since the original post, it is moot now since I have upgraded to 2015 LT.  Someone else should feel free to submit the bug report.

Message 13 of 13
pendean

My latest responses were not to you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost