Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2014 lag and graphics card question

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ADR94952
1265 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2014 lag and graphics card question

We are running LT 2014 in our architectural office and one of the users experiences significant lag when drafting.  We only draw in 2D - no 3D drafting here.

He primarily uses the command liine to prompt for commands and those of us who use pick boxes do not experience this lag.  He seems to think he is faster than the machine - thus is very frustrated since we have upgraded our machines to handle faster drafting, etc.  We are running Windows 7, 64-bit OS. 

(Note: We have set his settings to not autofill in the command to see if this helps and it doesn't.)

Additionally, he is trying to use Sketchup as well and it is incompatible with our DirectX graphics card.  Our IT person says that DirectX is capable, and recommended, for AutoCAD use, but only OpenGL is used for Sketchup.  Is this true?  Updating a graphics card seems an easy fix, but just want to make sure this is truely what is wrong before investing in OpenGL if we don't have to.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: ADR94952

Turn off the user's INPUTHISTORYMODE, SHORTCUTMENU and INPUTSEARCHDELAY variables in LT2014, and have the user dock their command line.

Also change the hardware acceleration setting in their LT and see if any additional lag goes away.

And unless you all are running some super custom hardware, everyone in my office has Sketchup Pro and LT2014 in Win7 Pro 64bit with run-of-the-mill video cards with no issues at all and no one is sweating DirectX vs. OpenGL concerns.
Message 3 of 5
ADR94952
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for your input. Not running any custom hardware at all. Very nuts & bolts actually.
I turned on Hardware Acceleration, but when I view the performance log it says my 'graphics card is unknown' and 'run hardware acceleration at your own risk'. I checked to see what driver is installed on my system, nVidia NVS 310. I don't see that as a recommended graphics card through Autodesk. Should we consider switching to a card that is recommended?
Message 4 of 5
braudpat

Hello

Have you in the past on the same PCs an AutoCAD LT 2013 or LT 2012 ?

If YES, same problem ??

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
pendean

No, I wouldn't replace the vid card just yet: get more current drivers from the PC maker or the video card maker and see if those help resolve any issues with running Sktechup. You might also ask in the Sktchup forums about that product: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/sketchup

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost