Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2014 Flickering Issue

127 REPLIES 127
SOLVED
Message 1 of 128
NejmarkACAD
26293 Views, 127 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2014 Flickering Issue

My office recently received the update from 2013LT to 2014 LT, and after installing them, I'm noticing an issue that I don't understand.

If you go to the link below, you'll see a video of the problem.  Basically, when more than one drawing is open, as the user pans around or zooms in and out, the application status bar starts to go nuts, with the word "unrecognized" popping in and out, as well as a small symbol to its left.  Also, while all of this is happening, the colour in the layers bar at the top of the drawing flickers somewhat randomly.  So far, 5 of the 11 copies have had this issue, and 3 of those licenses haven't been used yet.

I'm experiencing this on multiple machines, across multiple platforms.  This includes Core I7's with 8 Gigs of DDR3 RAM and Radeon 6450's running windows 7, all the way to Core 2 Duo's running 64 bit XP with 4 gigs of DDR2 RAM.  

Please see video below:

http://youtu.be/NbaYawDl9Xo

Any help is greatly appreciated!

127 REPLIES 127
Message 121 of 128
yooperjeff
in reply to: CGDTeamSilvia

I'm not sure what to do about the Windows XP systems.  AFAIK, it is not supported by Autodesk (or Microsoft) anymore...consider upgrading.

Is it not possible for you to upgrade to LT2015?  These problems have been completely fixed on our systems (Windows 7 x64) with the new version.

As for the error with the reg file, double check your file by right clicking on it and selecting "Edit".  It should read as follows:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT\R20\ACADLT-D001\Variables\AECPSDAUTOATTACH]
@="0"
"StorageType"=dword:00000003
"SecondaryType"=dword:00000001
"LowerBound"=dword:00000000
"UpperBound"=dword:00000001
"PrimaryType"=dword:0000138b

As a last resort, did you try the other fix that involved replacing AecCore.crx with an older version from LT2013?  This might work on the XP systems, but I can't be sure.  Most of the people with this issue in the forums are on 64bit systems.  This method was not recommended by Autodesk and may cause some other issues.  That said, it may give you some relief and get you back to work.  

If you still have LT2013 installed, here are the basic steps for that solution:

1. Go to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2013

2. Copy AecCore.crx

3. Go to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2014

4. Find AecCore.crx (make sure you can see the file extension .crx)

5. Rename to AecCore_2014.old

6. Paste AecCore.crx from 2013, do not rename

7. test...test...test...

If you don't have LT2013 installed, I uploaded the file a while ago, see link near the bottom of the page:  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-LT-General/AutoCAD-LT-2014-Flickering-Issue/td-p/3875348/page/...

*Disclaimer - this is not recommended by AutoDesk...I don't know what will happen. Your results may vary - especially in XP x86.  This worked for us (Win7x64) for about 2 months without any issues. If you encounter errors it is completely reversible: delete the pasted version of the file and rename the *.old file back to AecCore.crx and wait for another solution.

Good Luck.

Message 122 of 128
CGDTeamSilvia
in reply to: yooperjeff

Hello,

on the 3 workstations we proceeded with the following actions:

- Update of the video card

- Uncheck of the shadow on the lay-out page

- Changed the REGEDIT file downloading it from Autodesk website (it didn't work with copy/paste), we have used the same file both for the 64bit and for 32bit systems.

By now everything works without problems, so we didn't substitute the AecCore.crx file, we will keep this option in mind if further problems will occur.

Thank you very much for your help and assistance!!

Message 123 of 128
yooperjeff
in reply to: CGDTeamSilvia

Great - good to know that the reg edit file works for the XP 32 bit systems.  

Check back in a few weeks and let us know if you have any issues come up.

Message 124 of 128
julian_ttd
in reply to: NejmarkACAD

I had the same problem. Your solution worked for me. I´m very very grateful.
Message 125 of 128
Anonymous

the .reg file FIXES THIS on Windows 10, Intel i7, 8gb ram, x64 os, Intel HD 5500 (HP Spectre x360)

Thank you!
Message 126 of 128
will
in reply to: yooperjeff

This fixed it.  Thanks so much.  But this has happened multiple times to me.  I want to know how it happens so I can make sure it doesn't happen again.  My thought was that Autodesk is intentionally going into users registries and messing them up so as to force users to reinstall AutoCad(how I fixed it last time) and thus forcing upgrades on older versions.  I know that is a pretty paranoid thought, but given that this is such an easy fix, I have no other explanation for how the problem occurs and the long list of Autodesk 'helpers' that are actually of little to no help (see below)- what else am I supposed to think?  Do you have a better explanation for how and why this glitch occurs?

Message 127 of 128
pendean
in reply to: will

Yes, pretty paranoid: Autodesk couldn't care less about your Windows Registry: that's all or you to deal with and worry about (and protect). You mean nothing to them as a solo end user to worry about messing with anything.

back to the topic: if you use a registry leaner regularly it may be "helping" you fix it, aka, bring back the problems. Another could be updates if any that get installed, or any reinstalls or resets you might trigger in Windows or AutoCAD.

Good luck,
Message 128 of 128
kclarke

Couple of rules of thumb.
In a stable enviornment Autodesk applications perform best.
Do installs as Administrator NOT users with Administrator rights. Do all updates either manually or via Autodesk App as Administrator. This seems to protect the registry from Windows "confusion".
A good Anti Virus/Anti Spyware. We use and Sell Panda Adaptive Defence 360 nothing's gotten past it in 5 years we've been using it. Autodesk will tell you and I'm telling you from experience NOTHING destabilises Autodesk applications more than spyware.
Get a descent firewall a SonicWall protect your network from unsafe web activity.
Clean your temp files.
I map mine to c:/CADTEMP on the local machine.
It's easy to delete the folder and recreate it.
Depending on the organisations size.
Script your plotstyles from your server to local pcs at login.
Prevents user changes.
Watch your file paths for length of file names and xref and image paths.
Images - smart phones are lethal the image res is usually too high iPhone is the main culprit droid phones can have it set lower. Watch the path length and naming.
(Can't remember limitations on a Mac it's more than windows but I'm unsure if AutoCAD for Mac imposes the same limit as AutoCAD on Windows)

SSDS, BRANDED DECENT MEMORY, BRANDED GRAPHICS CARDS. HP PCS.

My 2 cents.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost