Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2014 downgrade from AutoCAD 2004????

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ADR94952
2960 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2014 downgrade from AutoCAD 2004????

We have been using AutoCAD full version 2004 since 2004.  We are being forced to upgrade but don't want to spend $5000 per license for our small architectural office.  Considering LT version but concerned about not having useful express tools and ability to work with a lot of the lsp stuff we have created over the years.  Not able to download trial version so we cannot try it beforehand.  Any way of buying or downloading simply express tools for LT and not having to purchase full version of CAD?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: ADR94952

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

No Express Tools or Lisp in LT.

Your question will be what is the time loss and does it justify the cost of Full. Only you can answer that.

Or are there work arounds for the Lisp and Express tools that you use?

Why can you not download the Trial?

Message 3 of 5
pendean

Download the current trial version of LT2014 and find out for yourself: only you can answer your own questions in your office with your files and your work requirements.

PS: may ET tools have been implemented within AutoCAD and LT, you may not miss as much as you think. Start testing and find out.
Message 4 of 5
TravisNave

The two gentlemen above know more about LT than the people who make LT...  Good luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: TravisNave

This sounds like an opportunity to try Revit LT Suite, which includes AutoCAD LT. The most bang for the buck, with Revit LT for the 3d stuff, and AutoCAD LT for 2D support.

Ages ago (late 90s) I used LT that I had modified with custom POP menus and button macros. Heck I even did some pseudo 3D with it. These days I use container drawings of specific blocks, and drag and drop them from toolpalettes.

AutoCAD 2008 introduced lots of improvements and additions to dimensions, the ability to override XREF layer colors and linetypes on a per-viewport basis, and annotation objects (imagine one dimension style/layer and dimensioning on the fly in paperspace and in multiple viewports -- without stopping to change styles or layers). 2009 saw the introduction of the RIBBON, which is like having multiple menus for different groups of tasks. These days, LT has Sheet Sets and Dynamic Blocks. The potential for productivity improvements over your AutoCAD 2004 (even in LT) is enormous. And Revit LT takes everything to another level altogether, that I can't begin to describe. Just think plans, elevations, sections, details, schedules, 3D views, perspectives all produced from one model. Subscription is almost essential (to avoid obsolescence), but with it you get cloud rendering -- in LT!

Come over to the Dark Side....

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost