Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2014 crashes in windows 8

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
Anonymous
1093 Views, 20 Replies

Autocad LT 2014 crashes in windows 8

Autocad crashes frequenlty.  Especially when making a pdf. 

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Has it from the beginning or is this a new issue?

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Yes it has, almost everyother time I am in Autocad LT 2014 it crashes.  Especially when I am making a pdf.  I loaded the service pack today.  I am hoping that will help.

Message 4 of 21
Charles_Shade

What are you using to create the PDF?

Message 5 of 21
pendean

So if you PLOT to something else it does not "crash"?
How does it "crash"? Do you get an error message? Blue screen? Windows restarts?
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I am using Adobe Acrobat

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous

It also happens sometimes when I change to a differnt view. 

A round blue donut rotates like a clock.  It keeps going and going.  Until I exit out of the plot window.  And Autocad usually shows that it is not responding.

Thanks for everyone's help trying to solve this.

Message 8 of 21
pendean

round blue donut is from WIndows, it's asking you to wait for something to be found and fixed (or abandoned).
Message 9 of 21
rhmayo
in reply to: pendean

I am having same problem...did you ever get a solution?  Everything in CAD works EXCEPT hitting the "plot" button...then it does exactly what you describe!

THANKS

Message 10 of 21
pendean

Use PAGESETUP command to change plotters first then try PLOT, still crashes?
Message 11 of 21
rhmayo

Hi...that phenomenon happens any time from any CAD file, including from the templates provided by Autodesk.  I have updated my graphics driver, and uninstalled and reinstalled LT 2014...any suggestions from here? 

Thanks!

Good news...God loves YOU!  (see http://www.needhim.org/)
Roy H. (Buddy) Mayo, Jr., PE
Auburn Structural Design, Inc.
Message 12 of 21
pendean

Doesn't appear you did what I suggested perhaps? I would select the built-in DWF or PDF drivers in PAGESETUP as part of my suggested test.

All that other stuff is not very relevant but if your going to do all that do so as directed by Autodesk: remove all Autodesk products from your PC, manually edit the Windiws Registry to remove all Autodesk entries, restart Windows, use a Windows Registry cleaner,, turn off your anti-virus and Firewall temporarily, then reinstall AutoCAD.
You may have to also remove all versions of .NET and Visual C++ before installing AutoCAD (you can use Windows Update to fix things afterwards).
Message 13 of 21
rhmayo

Hi again ... yes I believe I looked at the pagesetup command and didn't see any plotters showing up but I will look at that again before I totally rebuild the computer 😉 Thanks for the continued help!
Message 14 of 21
pendean

Use PAGESETUP command to change plotter being used to DWF or PDF output first (these are built in drivers) then try PLOT command again afterwards,. Does AutoCAD still crash?
Message 15 of 21
gccdesign

Two things.

1.    Try the Autocad supplied PDF driver. From my experience it prints PDFs faster, more reliably, less errors, and a smaller file size than the Adobe Acrobat driver.

2.    When you print to a pdf, you usually need to specify a filename and location. You can check the settings for that printer driver in Control Panel>Printers and see what the file location & ask to save settings are.

But anyway, Windows 8 does not seem to always openly display the dialog box that comes up when you go to print a pdf. So it will sit there with the blue circle trying to hypnotize you while it is waiting for you to answer the pdf save dialog box (that you don't see). If you don't answer it for awhile it will get tired of waiting.

So when you go to print a pdf, wait a second or so, then look in the tool tray at the bottom of the screen, or minimize open windows and see if there is a dialog box waiting for you.

GChapp

Message 16 of 21
rhmayo
in reply to: rhmayo

running pagesetup results in the attached even though I have an HP "all in one" (Officejet 7410) and a Brother laser printer installed.  I have an E size plotter I've not yet attempted to setup....if I click "Modify", CAD crashes....

Message 17 of 21
rhmayo

running pagesetup results in the attached even though I have an HP "all in one" (Officejet 7410) and a Brother laser printer installed.  I have an E size plotter I've not yet attempted to setup....if I click "Modify", CAD crashes....

Message 18 of 21
pendean

Are you using the HP universal printer driver? Cured a lot of crashes in Win7 and AutoCAD.

Another test: unplug from your network/Internet, start LT with a blank file, draw a few lines, then start PAGESETUP command to set the DWG TO PDF.PC3 driver and plot, still crashes?

It may help if you emptied your Windows log-in Temp folder at some point.
Message 19 of 21
Imui

Try running page setup manager fron the layout space, not from the model space

Message 20 of 21
rhmayo
in reply to: Imui

tried that...didn't work...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost