Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad LT 2013 will not install on Windows 7 x64

32 REPLIES 32
SOLVED
Message 1 of 33
epearson117
22240 Views, 32 Replies

AutoCad LT 2013 will not install on Windows 7 x64

I am unable to install AutoCad LT 2013 on my Windows 7 x64 system.  Everytime I try to install I get the error message:

"The system cannot open the device or file specified.

C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Local\Temp\_AI194B.tmp\x86\en-us\Components\adr2013\SetupDesignReview2013.msi."

I can go to that folder and that file is there.  However, if I try to run that file it then gives me errors about other missing files, that are not in that folder.

I have tried this with Multiple Logins, including the Adminstrator.  I have also, completely wiped out the system and reinstalled Windows 7 from scratch.

I have set the UAC to the lowest level.

I have also tried another DVD, and tried copying the files to the machine.  No matter what I try I get this same message.

One other thing, this is the 2013 Upgrade.

32 REPLIES 32
Message 21 of 33

That's exactly what it was.  I was dealing with this issue for a few weeks.  Old computer and new computer same result.

Turned off Trend Micro and Villoa!

thanks!

Leo

Message 22 of 33
leven9leven
in reply to: pendean

I got the same problem for my 3dsMax download and i don't know how to fix this

Message 23 of 33
Charles_Shade
in reply to: leven9leven

Message 24 of 33
georgeejones

I have this same problem but can't find the autocad LT 2012 trial version to download. Does anyone have the link to the trial download? The only autocad LT 2012 trial version I found was the online version.

Thanks

Message 25 of 33
georgeejones
in reply to: epearson117

Will you send me the link to download the trial version please? I only find 2014 trial version.

Thanks

Message 26 of 33
philip.s
in reply to: georgeejones

Welcome to the community George !

You can access most current + previous supported version download links (including AutoCAD LT 2012) through Matt, our Virtual Assistant.

From Matt: Download and Installation -> Software Download Links -> I need to redownload my product

Should you run into an activation error, typically resulting from an upgraded license and or reaching the activation limit on a given license, our License Assistance Team would be able to help facilitate an activation code.

Please accept as a solution if this fully answers your inquiry, or reply with additional questions as needed.

Message 27 of 33

i have a similar problem---autocad used to work fine on win 7  then one day it would not launch

Message 28 of 33
pendean
in reply to: epearson117

Windows System Restore back to a month it all worked is the first thing to try. Software doesn't break on its own, something changed.
Message 29 of 33
grantketteringham

this is the error i get
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: acad.exe
Application Version: 23.0.54.0
Application Timestamp: 440acd95
Fault Module Name: StackHash_b07c
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c000041d
Exception Offset: 76dc1221
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 7177
Additional Information 1: b07c
Additional Information 2: b07c9f334ed23629f31261200e2152db
Additional Information 3: c5e2
Additional Information 4: c5e2938eff61fd2d71b1da696b2907b3
Message 30 of 33

LT Forum Search of APPCRASH:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels%2Clocation&location=forum-...

Stackhash returned one result and it was not the easiest repair.

What is your AutoCAD version? Is it LT 2013?

Message 31 of 33

Hi No its only 2007
Regards
Message 32 of 33

Have you tried the System Restore mentioned above?

Something was updated or changed on your computer that crashed the CAD. Likely a .NET update.

Find out what it was and know that old 32 bit software will have a tough time on on Win 7 64 bit systems.

And if nothing in your query has to do with Win 7 64 bit and/or AutoCAD LT 2013 it would be time to start a new thread.

Message 33 of 33

instal autocad 2013 ful fersion

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost