Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2013 Ribbon masked or disappeared

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
katie1994
1603 Views, 13 Replies

Autocad LT 2013 Ribbon masked or disappeared

I appologize in advance if this issue has been addressed but I don't know what terms to use to search for an answer. I installed LT 2013 in November and recently have noticed that the ribbon is masked or overwritten by the banner of my web browser. This only happens when the browser is open and full-sized. If I close or downsize the browser the problem goes away. 

If I hover the cursor over the ribbon area the various tools appear, sometimes individually sometimes the entire panel, but never the entire ribbon.

See the attached file for a screen shot.

I am using the Windows version of LT with FusionWare on a Mac Pro. Since I only use the Windows platform for Autocad I can't say whether or not this would happen in other programs.

I realize that I could simply keep the browser closed or downsized but am concerned this might be part of a larger problem.

Tags (3)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Charles_Shade
in reply to: katie1994

Mac Forum:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/bd-p/520

The Mac Forum may have answers for the overrunning Browser window.

Also, why did you not purchase LT for Mac if you are in the Apple environment?

Message 3 of 14
katie1994
in reply to: Charles_Shade

We have 5 other Autocad users in the office and they are all on the PC platform and it keeps things simpler if we are all on the same system. I also tried out the Mac full and LT versions and did not like them. 

Didn't find anything on the Mac forums that would help.

Message 4 of 14
Charles_Shade

I did read about a similar issue a while back and I think Dean had the answer to it.

The problem though is that this was a PC solution and may not be valid with the Mac OS.

(That and finding the relevant thread - Dean may remember when he stops by.)

Message 5 of 14
katie1994
in reply to: Charles_Shade

For all intents and purposes I am working on a PC. We are using Fusion Ware software to create a PC environment on my Mac so I can run Windows based software.

Message 6 of 14
pendean

Turn of Win7's Aero theme: your limited graphics card is choking under the pressure of AutoCAD and it on at the same time. use Win7's Windows Basic Theme (makes Windows look like XP).

Message 7 of 14
katie1994
in reply to: pendean

OK, I will make the change and let you know. Thanks

Message 8 of 14
katie1994

Seems to be working. I rebooted just in case.

Message 9 of 14
katie1994

oops, I take that back. Now he Windows basic desktop is masking the ribbon.

Message 10 of 14
pendean

Since you are running an unsupported setup, all we can do is guess at fixes until you find one that works other than your "...If I close or downsize the browser the problem goes away..."

LT2013 has a hardware acceleration option, 3DCONFIG command: change the settings and see if that helps. After that, upgraded or downgraded video card drivers may be in order, or a switch away from Fusionware to another emulator or running Windows/AutoCAD through Parallels.

Or since you are actually running LT2013, a side-grade (free so far) to the MAC version of LT2013 that runs native in a MAC.

Message 11 of 14
katie1994

Could you explain that last sentence? I have the Windows version of LT 2013, not the Mac version.

Message 12 of 14
Charles_Shade

There is a potential conflict between Fusionware, LT 2013 for Windows, and the Mac OS.

The simple solution is likely to either use LT for Mac. (You have indicated an unwillingness) or change the emulated use of Windows from Fusionware to Parallels.

Or move to a PC based system.

Someone needs to make a decision in your company and get everyone on the same OS or continue to have these issues and find possible workarounds.

As the first sentence indicated until you hit on the right combination of factors you may remain at the mercy of this conflict.

Message 13 of 14
pendean

Any LT2013 Windows license can be converted to an LT2013 Mac version for free (or at least that was the case before December 31). Look it up or contact an Autodesk reseller.
Message 14 of 14
philip.s

Just to follow up on that one Dean, any AutoCAD LT 2013 licenses can be utilized on either a Mac or PC using the same Serial Number and corresponding Product Key (MAC: 827E1, PC: 057E1).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost