Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2013 Plot Styles not working

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
kweenofengland78
5626 Views, 7 Replies

Autocad LT 2013 Plot Styles not working

The first picture shows an old drawing using Autocad LT 2005 plotstyles named "cannon.ctb"

*notice the weight of the dimension lines

The second picture is my new drawing using those same plot styles in our new Autocad LT 2013. Almost nothing is visible and it will not copy it is so light. 

The third picture is my new drawing and clicking on the box that says "Plot with Plot Styles" AND "Plot object lineweights". Note: I do not have my drawings set up with object lineweights. 

I have tried completely redoing my plot styles, but that does not work. I am at a complete loss as to how to get my plot styles to register in this Autocad version 2013. 

We have just upgraded our computers and now have windows 7, along with upgrading Autocad LT 2005 to Autocad LT 2013, and I have just installed a new Cannon plotter. However, I was having the same issue prior to the new plotter and I was hoping the plotter was the problem, which it seems to not be.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: kweenofengland78

Judging by your posted images alone, #3 seem to be just fine: if that's just some graphical issue, you need to be sharing PDFs or DWFs from both programs exhibiting the problem, and sharing the CTB in question and a DWG that uses it.

Message 3 of 8

I understand it is actually difficult to see in these photos, but compare picture 1 and picture 3. This is using the same plot styles (pic 1 - 2005) (pic 3 - 2013 and i have to select boxes "plot using plot styles" AND "plot using object linetypes" just to get that result, which seems odd to me). 

On pic 3, the picture is decieving, the dimension lines along with all of the other "lighter lines" are greyed and soft. They will not copy from this sheet onto another sheet. 

When I go to my plot styles and adjust the lineweight from .25 to .35, the line thickness gets wider but the weight of the line does not get heavier. they are just thick grey lines instead of black.

While writing this I remember when we first converted to Autocad 2013, I had the same problem and after weeks of trying to figure it out, I found a printer setting that said "convert drawing to pure black", the other option was "grayscale".  So now that i have a new plotter, i may need to find this setting again, but I can't seem to find it on my plotter settings. I will look into the plotter settings more.

Message 4 of 8
pendean

>>>...just thick grey lines instead of black...<<<

So your pen is not set to BLACK, that's all. You are printing to "color", however that is done with your plotter.

Do you have a MONOCHROME.CTB file? Test with it, line widths will be wrong but all of the output will be black, not gray: this is what your pens "color" needs to be set to, pen 7/Black. See attachments.

Like I said, you need to share your CTB as this bck-and-forth guessing game is taking way longer than it needs to be 🙂

>>>... have to select boxes "plot using plot styles" AND "plot using object linetypes" just to get that result...<<<

That's how it's done, in 2005 and 2013: did you forget? Absolutely nothing has changed in plotting between the two versions. Nothing.

Or did you really do something completely different with the old plotter and old AutoCAD but can no longer remember?

Message 5 of 8
arq002

I don't think the Autodesk discussion groups guys have a clue about plot styles and CTB's. Sounding smart to the Autocad starters may be their game.....

I asked about line widths with a similar issue....i don't know about 2 years ago......and after the second stupid answer i received, i tried explaining once more, feeding it with a teaspoon, and i am still awaiting reply.

Maybe Autodesk discussion group advisors must consider that people asking the questions ARE NOT ALWAYS BEGINNERS....and have actually tried all the stupid things you suggest, before going through all the trouble to log in (register) and spoonfeed it to supposedly smart people.

Message 6 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: arq002

Good Day and thanks for getting back to us.

The OP also states that they have installed a new Canon printer. I'm sure that in your long experince you have seen different printers plot at different lineweights.

In my few short years I have just this happen between the plotter I use at the office and at two different print house that are in my area. Three different plot from the same pc3 file hence I needed to create three styles in the long run. 

Maybe it is just my shortsightedness that has caused this.

Alas, I shall never know since all is now plotted to PDF and these are what are used to plot with now.

I would also wonder if the OP now has a new computer and OS with the new printer and AutoCAD LT 2013?

It may be that the current pc3 setup from the LT 2005 seat is not incorporating the new softwares and print drivers that are being used today.

Just my limited thoughts on other poosibilities. I'm sure the OP will glean helpful information from your post and provide additonal information to find solution to their query.

Message 7 of 8
arq002

In my case (the query I sent in ages ago on another thread), the problem was definately not software related, but autocad related, as all 3 ou A3 printers (diferent makes) and PDF995 and cutePDF printed the same way.....

...but....

Autodesk's DWG to PDF driver (built in) printed something totally different. They couldn't see it.

Thus you have 5 drivers (external to autocad...different authors) against 1 (autocad).

So even the "we print everything to PDF lately" option was a problem for us. We eventually just stopped using Autocad's DWG to PDF driver, which is sad, as it's much more convenietnt. We are just not willing to compromise quality to get convenience.

So my statement stands, that Autodesk's advisors must consider the queries sent through is not always about something stupid and obvious. I received such an attitude the last time I queried something, that I will probably never ask these oaks anything again...unless life threatening!

Message 8 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: arq002

May be worth a try as well:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Printing-and-Plotting/bd-p/30

I have not had issues with plots using DWG to PDF and it is difficult to diagnose from a far if what I see thru my PDF viewer looks good.

I see you have posted in the AutoCAD 2012 and 2013 Forums as well as the LT Forum.

One response that you recieved asked about the settings of the DWG to PDF pc3 file.

Is this what needs to be adjusted?

We are all end users like you hoping to offer a helping hand so that you may find a solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost