Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2013 Page Setup Manager - Page Setup - modify

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
andrew.provost
3464 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2013 Page Setup Manager - Page Setup - modify

Hi,

My network printer has changed and to plot an older drawing I must open Page Setup Manager on each sheet and Modify it by selecting the current printer.  I can only modify one sheet in this dialog box.  I must close it and move to the next sheet and repeat even though the other sheets are shown.  With many drawings having 15+ sheets, it is tedious and annoying because in six months IT will switch the printer agian and I have to do it all over again.

How do I select all of the sheets and change all of them  at once the printer?  I know to correct the template for the future drawings, but I have 10-15 years of historical drawings.

Publishiung works if I want to make a PDF, but does not for changing a networked printer

Thanks  Andrew

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: andrew.provost

There is not automatic way to do fix the files in LT, but you can speed up the process of switching printers temporarily in both PLOT and PUBLISH command by using saves pagesetups (not the command).
Message 3 of 5
pendean
in reply to: pendean

Message 4 of 5
andrew.provost
in reply to: pendean

Hi,

THis is much better.  Once I modify  the first sheets printing parameters exactly the way I want up in Page Set Up Manager.  I need to open at the task bar under File, Page Set up Manager for each sheet, select the first sheet, then press Set Current and all the set up comes across.  You see the Selected Page Setup Details change and know that the change took effect.  Close the form and move tot he next sheet.

While not one stop solution, It did speed up the process greatly, five mouse clicks every additional sheet (it was 10 clicks) after sheet 1.

Thanks  Andrew

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: andrew.provost

Yes, a nice shortcut to a *very* prevalent problem.

I tried applying the Excel technique of simultaniously selecting all the pages (tabs in Excel) then going into the Page  Setup Manager and modifying the settings. It didn't work, the settings only applied to the first page. 

Something like the Excel function would be a great feature for Autodesk to add to the page manager.   Alternatively, under the Page Setup Manager, when a person clicked "set current" they would then have the option of "current sheet" or "all sheets". 

Maybe someone offers this function as an add-on tool.  I would sure pay for it !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost