Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2013 not plotting 17x11 and 22x17 correctly

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
DevinSchuler
1365 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2013 not plotting 17x11 and 22x17 correctly

I have recently installed the trial for AutoCAD LT 2013 with the latest service pack.  I run a PC with Windows XP Professional 2002 SP3 and I plot drawings to a HP Designjet T770 24in that has the latest firmware.

When I print 17x11 size drawings from LT, they print slightly bigger than 17x11.  All of the settings for the plotter indicate that it should print correctly but it prints about a 1/4" bigger than 17x11.  I am not using the Oversized 17x11 paper size setting, it is the standard 17x11 setting.

Also, no matter what I change the settings to, it refuses to print the 22x17 size in a landscape orientation (across the paper), it will only print it in the protrait orientation (lengthwise on the paper, which wastes paper) even though the print preview shows it oriented in landscape.

I installed a trial for AutoCAD 2013 last year and everything worked perfectly.  I also do not have any issue plotting from the AutoCAD 2006 that I currently use.  The plotter settings in LT are the same as what was/is used in the other two programs.

Is this a known bug for LT or is there something I am missing?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: DevinSchuler

Did you change or upgrade drivers between the trials? or change/edit PC3 files from 2006?

Are you plotting to a system driver? Or a PC3 file? did you test both?

AFAIK there is no difference in plotting between 2006 and 2013 (AutoCAD or LT) to system drivers.

Message 3 of 9
DevinSchuler
in reply to: pendean

Same drivers.  Same pc3 files.  Only difference is that the 2006 and the first 2013 trial were the full versions of AutoCAD and this current trial is LT.

The pc3 file was created using the system printer option since we were told (by both the vendor we purchased the plotter from and HP tech support when we upgraded to the T770 plotter) that AutoCAD wasn't supporting Heidi drivers any longer.

The pc3 file was set up the same way in all three programs.

Message 4 of 9
pendean

As a test, skip the PC3 file and plot directly to the system driver.

Message 5 of 9
DevinSchuler

Still gets the same result.  17x11 prints too big and 22x17 prints lengthwise.

Message 6 of 9
pendean

So this is a margins setting? Wrong scale? I don't understand "too big".
What about 11x17 and 17x22 sheets?
Is your driver set to autorotate?
How did you set up these custom sheet sizes in the driver?
Message 7 of 9
DevinSchuler

I use the default standard paper sizes so it's not a custom margin setting or scale issue (I use the "fit to paper" option).  The driver is not set to autorotate.

When you go into the Plotter Configuration Editor and look at the standard paper sizes, this is what I am using:

Tabloid - Width: 17.00" Height: 11.00" - LR: 0.20", 0.20" - Printable Area: 21.60" x 16.60"

C (landscape) - Width: 22.00" Height: 17.00" - LR: 0.20", 0.20" - Printable Area: 21.60" x 16.60"

These are the exact same sizes that I use in AutoCAD 2006 and used in the trial of AutoCAD 2013 without issue.

Changing the driver to autorotate has no effect, the 22x17 still prints in portrait not landscape.  Everything in the settings and the print preview indicates that the plotter should be printing it across the roll (landscape) but it prints it down the roll (portrait) instead.

The 17"x11" prints out 17 3/8" x 11 3/8".  In the grand scheme of things this isn't a big issue but when we include this size drawing in manuals, it sticks out past the other 8 1/2" x 11" pages which will make the manuals look messy.

I would have been inclined to think that there was an issue with the printer except, as I stated previously, I do not have these issues printing from AutoCAD 2006 or the trial version of AutoCAD 2013.  I have only encountered the above issues with the trial version of AutoCAD LT 2013.

Message 8 of 9
pendean

We don't have your exact plotter, but in our mix of LT and full AutoCAD (And AutoCAD Architecture) no one is experiencing such an issue: right now I am at a loss as to the cause.

Is LT2013 fully patched and updated?

Are you running Win7 64bit? Or another 64bit Windows OS?

Message 9 of 9
DevinSchuler

Product Version: G.114.0.0, AutoCAD LT 2013 SP 1.1

Windows OS: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP 3, 32bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost