Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad LT 2013 Layout Viewports Panel replaced w Model Viewports Panel

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
technoidatx
5167 Views, 18 Replies

AutoCad LT 2013 Layout Viewports Panel replaced w Model Viewports Panel

Viewports Panel has been replaced with Model Viewports Panel. 

The porposed help solution is : 

Click View tab>Viewports panel>New.

The panel is now Model Viewports in the 2013 Version. 

I would like to create a vieport on the layout also known as paperspce. 

Attatched is Jpg for the 2013 View Ribbon and 2012 View Ribbon 

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Kate_LT
in reply to: technoidatx

Tools for Layout viewports are on the new Layout tab. (AutoCAD has more tools on that tab, for creating views of 3D models, so the separation makes more sense than it might seem from the LT side.)

Your Layout tab appears to be turned off; right-click on the ribbon and turn it on under "Show tabs".

Kate Morrical
Technical Marketing Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
LT Unlimited
Message 3 of 19
technoidatx
in reply to: Kate_LT

All the Tabs are toggled on. 

If the Layout Viewport Panel has been moved to the Layout Ribbon on the full version. My guess is that the panel is no longer a function of AutoCad LT 2013. It has been replaced with a Model Viewport panel. 

I have not had the need for a Viewport in Model Space. 

Typically I have used viewports in paperspace to bring the objects in model space scaled to view. 

Any thoughts ? 

Message 4 of 19
Charles_Shade

Modelspace and Paperspace Viewports are two different things.

Paperspace Viewports are used to show the Modelspace for plotting

Modelspace Viewports are used in model space to zoom on a detail of a drawing while still having access to the whole model and to potentially see visual changes in the model.

Message 5 of 19
technoidatx
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Yes they are. It seems the new release that the Layout Viewport Panel has been reasigned to the Layout Tab on the Ribbon. AutocadLT has not had a Layout tab assigned this function is on the full version only. 

The Model Viewport Panel has replaced the previous "Viewport Tab" a function that was used daily to create a viewport in model space. 

I have not had a need for a viewport in model space. 

Message 6 of 19
Charles_Shade

I was speaking to the Viewports themselves and not the Ribbon Panels in response to the statement that Viewports were being used to bring object views to scale in Paperspace and had never done so in Modelspace.

That is a rue statement - A Viewport in Modelspace is not the same as a Viewport in Paperspace in terms of thier function.

Message 7 of 19
technoidatx

Yes they are. that is a true statement. 

In order to stay on topic of the original post and not appear that this is in some way a resolution. 

I am repeating the issue. 

It seems the new release that the Layout Viewport Panel has been reasigned to the Layout Tab on the Ribbon. AutocadLT has not had a Layout tab assigned this function is on the full version only. 

The Model Viewport Panel has replaced the previous "Viewport Tab" a function that was used daily to create a viewport in model space. 

This post is not about the function but about the Panel in GUI. 

Message 8 of 19
Charles_Shade

Have you gone to the CUI and added the Layout Tab to your Workspace?

Does the Layout Tab have the functionality that you are looking for?

If not, can you add the Panels that you need to it?

I don't have 2013 loaded yet and am asking based on Kate's advice above.

Message 9 of 19
technoidatx

Layout tabs are on the full version not on LT. Previously on AustoCadLT 2012, 2011, .... the panel was found on the View Tab. My guess is that the Panel was moved to the Layout Tab on the Full version removed from the LT version and replced with the Model Layout Tab. 

I will look in the CUI to see if the panel can be added. 

Message 10 of 19
Charles_Shade

That does sound like what Kate said.

May not make sense on the LT side but does on the Full side.

Could also be Autodesk trying to keep things equal in terms of setup across both platforms.

You most recent JPEG is basically what the View Tab looks like here in LT 2012.

Sure you didn't move that Panel in the previous version and forgot?

BTW - I wasn't trying to get off track earlier. It just read like the two types of viewports were being intermingled. SHould of kept my 2 cents.

Message 11 of 19
technoidatx

No the Viewports Panel has always been installed on the View Tab on previous versions of LT. 

When you install 2013 you will notice that the Viewports panel has been replaced with the Model Viewports. 

I will look at the CUI to see if it can be added. 

I have not had a need for Model Viewports. 

Layout Viewports are used often though. 

Message 12 of 19
technoidatx

Charles You fixed it. I went to the CUI and dragged the Layout Viewports to the View Tab where I am used to seeing it. Clicked apply closed the program and reopend. I now have the Layout Viewports Panel on the View Tab on the Ribbon.

Thanks !  

Message 13 of 19
Charles_Shade

Good to know.

Make sure you save that Workspace so that it stays the way you want it.

Save will be in the bottom of the Workspace dropdown.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 14 of 19
technoidatx

I recieved a message from Autodesk today. 

Thank you for sending the screen captures. They clarify the situation which you are having. 

From the looks of it, it maybe that your Layout tab is disabled. I've attached an image of the following steps:

1. Right-Mouse Click over a blank section of the Ribbon (on the right side, next to the tabs). 
  2. Float the mouse over the menu item "Show tabs".
  3. Then select Layout.

If Layout already has a check mark next to it, we would want to try the next step of resetting the menu.

You can reset the AutoCAD menu

1. Type CUI at the command line
  2. You may have to expand the CUI dialog by clicking on the > symbol in the lower right hand corner
  3. Under the customize tab, Click on the drop-down list titled, "Customizations in all files"
  4. Right-Mouse Click over the verbiage ACADLT (next to the AutoCAD LT icon at the top of the list)
  5. If you select "Restore AcadLT.cuix" it will restore the cui to its last save state.
  6. If you select "Reset AcadLT.cuix" it will reset the cui to it's installed state.
  7. Either one of these resets will not take place until after you have clicked Apply and OK.

This set of instructions lead me to believe that the Layout Tab is a function of AutocadLT 2013. 

Instruction 6 was followed with the attatched results. 

No Ribbon at all. You probably see where this is leading. I am now unable to restore the Ribbon. 

Message 15 of 19
pendean

Are you on a limited Windows User account? Or are you on a full administrator (not local admin) on the PC?

Two things to try to fix the problem, one is easier than the other:

1. Start Windows as a new log-in, then start LT: a new setup should be created with no issues at all.

2. Remove LT completely, and reinstall (restart your PC in between the two major actions):

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10243968&linkID=9240617

Message 16 of 19
technoidatx
in reply to: pendean

I reintsalled and the layout tab did ont appear. Volker Cocco with Autodesk Inc. just called and did a remote with webx. He switched from classic toolbars back to the new ribbon display and the CUI reset. 

We are thinking that the 2012 migration brought the old CUI over and that is why the layout tab did not appear 

Message 17 of 19
baldwinde

I've also had the new ribbon tab 'Layout' go missing in AutoCAD LT 2013 and had to customise the ribbon to get it back.

In fact, the 'layout' tab was checked, but not displaying (I'm assuming because the custom setting migration from LT 2012 got messed up), so I un-checked it and hit save, then re-checked it before hitting save again.

Now the Layout tab is visible and I can create Viewports on my layouts without being restricted to using a command line. 

Message 18 of 19
Charles_Shade
in reply to: baldwinde

As was stated early in the thread the Layout Tab is not missing it has just been set up in a way that is more in line with a Full seat of AutoCAD.

Apparently though the man does not think we need it over here in LT land.

Message 19 of 19
technoidatx
in reply to: baldwinde

You are correct it is the migration settings that will cancel out the Layouts Ribbon Load. When installing the new udate or program we should not use migration assitance. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost