AutoCAD LT General Discussion

AutoCAD LT General Discussion

Active Contributor
technoidatx
Message 11 of 19 (991 Views)

Re: AutoCad LT 2013 Layout Viewports Panel replaced w Model Viewports Panel

04-06-2012 12:03 PM in reply to: Charles_Shade

No the Viewports Panel has always been installed on the View Tab on previous versions of LT. 

When you install 2013 you will notice that the Viewports panel has been replaced with the Model Viewports. 

I will look at the CUI to see if it can be added. 

I have not had a need for Model Viewports. 

Layout Viewports are used often though. 

Active Contributor
technoidatx
Message 12 of 19 (980 Views)

04-06-2012 12:36 PM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Charles You fixed it. I went to the CUI and dragged the Layout Viewports to the View Tab where I am used to seeing it. Clicked apply closed the program and reopend. I now have the Layout Viewports Panel on the View Tab on the Ribbon.

Thanks !  

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 13 of 19 (975 Views)

04-06-2012 12:43 PM in reply to: technoidatx

Good to know.

Make sure you save that Workspace so that it stays the way you want it.

Save will be in the bottom of the Workspace dropdown.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Active Contributor
technoidatx
Message 14 of 19 (957 Views)

04-10-2012 08:26 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

I recieved a message from Autodesk today. 

Thank you for sending the screen captures. They clarify the situation which you are having. 

From the looks of it, it maybe that your Layout tab is disabled. I've attached an image of the following steps:

1. Right-Mouse Click over a blank section of the Ribbon (on the right side, next to the tabs). 
  2. Float the mouse over the menu item "Show tabs".
  3. Then select Layout.

If Layout already has a check mark next to it, we would want to try the next step of resetting the menu.

You can reset the AutoCAD menu

1. Type CUI at the command line
  2. You may have to expand the CUI dialog by clicking on the > symbol in the lower right hand corner
  3. Under the customize tab, Click on the drop-down list titled, "Customizations in all files"
  4. Right-Mouse Click over the verbiage ACADLT (next to the AutoCAD LT icon at the top of the list)
  5. If you select "Restore AcadLT.cuix" it will restore the cui to its last save state.
  6. If you select "Reset AcadLT.cuix" it will reset the cui to it's installed state.
  7. Either one of these resets will not take place until after you have clicked Apply and OK.

This set of instructions lead me to believe that the Layout Tab is a function of AutocadLT 2013. 

Instruction 6 was followed with the attatched results. 

No Ribbon at all. You probably see where this is leading. I am now unable to restore the Ribbon. 

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 15 of 19 (954 Views)

04-10-2012 08:36 AM in reply to: technoidatx

Are you on a limited Windows User account? Or are you on a full administrator (not local admin) on the PC?

Two things to try to fix the problem, one is easier than the other:

1. Start Windows as a new log-in, then start LT: a new setup should be created with no issues at all.

2. Remove LT completely, and reinstall (restart your PC in between the two major actions):

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10243968&linkID=9240617

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Active Contributor
technoidatx
Message 16 of 19 (938 Views)

04-10-2012 03:43 PM in reply to: pendean

I reintsalled and the layout tab did ont appear. Volker Cocco with Autodesk Inc. just called and did a remote with webx. He switched from classic toolbars back to the new ribbon display and the CUI reset. 

We are thinking that the 2012 migration brought the old CUI over and that is why the layout tab did not appear 

baldwinde
Message 17 of 19 (912 Views)

04-18-2012 02:25 AM in reply to: technoidatx

I've also had the new ribbon tab 'Layout' go missing in AutoCAD LT 2013 and had to customise the ribbon to get it back.

In fact, the 'layout' tab was checked, but not displaying (I'm assuming because the custom setting migration from LT 2012 got messed up), so I un-checked it and hit save, then re-checked it before hitting save again.

Now the Layout tab is visible and I can create Viewports on my layouts without being restricted to using a command line. 

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 18 of 19 (909 Views)

04-18-2012 04:57 AM in reply to: baldwinde

As was stated early in the thread the Layout Tab is not missing it has just been set up in a way that is more in line with a Full seat of AutoCAD.

Apparently though the man does not think we need it over here in LT land.

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Active Contributor
technoidatx
Message 19 of 19 (899 Views)

04-18-2012 07:25 AM in reply to: baldwinde

You are correct it is the migration settings that will cancel out the Layouts Ribbon Load. When installing the new udate or program we should not use migration assitance. 

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.