Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad LT 2013 laggy, jumpy, delayed when moving objects

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
RedClayAssociates
662 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCad LT 2013 laggy, jumpy, delayed when moving objects

I been reading other posts about this issue.  I am testing  out ACAD LT 2013   I've narrowed it down the the hatch.  If I remove hatching the problem goes away. Not sure why theres no issue with Acad LT 2010 using the same hatch pattern.  Tried making the adjustments as per the previous poster suggestions.   Turning off the hatch is really working the best

Running  Win 7 , 64 bit quad core AMD 2.2 gig processor

4gig ram

Gigbyte MB with on board graphics

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
drjohn
in reply to: RedClayAssociates

4 GB RAM is kinda slim for running CAD and Windows 7 (I personally have 12 GB RAM). The low end of the system requirements as defined by ADESK.

The onboard graphics is (IMHO) good for e-mail and social media.  A good graphics card from the tested list from AutoDESK may very well help you in this situation. The more on-board VRAM you can get the better.

Regards,

DJ

[edit]

PS: Kill Winbloze Aero theme (suggest classic mode) and anything Dynamic in ACAD. You can start turning on the dynamic "features" until they bog your system down again and then you will know the limits.

[/edit]

Message 3 of 4
Charles_Shade
in reply to: drjohn

Ditto the same thoughts and running 16G RAM here.

I have found Hatches to be woggy in LT 2013 especially when trying to move an enity that defines an edge of a Hatch.

Or an entity that interacts with the boundary of a Hatch.

Most of the time it is CAD getting hung and needing to be restarted.   Must... remember... to... Save... often...Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: RedClayAssociates

1. Turn Off Win7's Aero Theme: helps 75% of the time.

2. Change LT2013's Hardware Acceleration setting: helps the other 20% usually, especially those with onboard graphics.

3. Grabbing an Autodesk certified driver for the graphics card (if one is available for your hardware) helps the other 5% of users:  http://www.autodesk.com/autocad-graphicscard

Post back if you are still stuck with hatch display issues.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost