Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2013 HATCH command freezes LT

57 REPLIES 57
Message 1 of 58
dwdeiss
6832 Views, 57 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2013 HATCH command freezes LT

For those who are waiting to upgrade to AutoCAD LT 2013, you may want to wait until there is a service pack available to fix the HATCH command.  I upgraded today (via subscription), and I am having the same problem with the HATCH command that was present in AutoCAD LT 2012 (pre Service Pack 1).  I am trying to hatch using the Add: Pick points option for my boundary.  LT completely freezes up!  The drawing size is around 2.8 MB.  This is very frustrating!  HATCH Add: Pick points works on small drawings...but I need to HATCH on my current drawing, and shouldn't be required to draw PLINES around everything!  Rant is over.

57 REPLIES 57
Message 41 of 58
Jimfanuc
in reply to: hits4200

These are problems that did not exist in prior releases.

This forum is the support I was pointed to.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 42 of 58
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Jimfanuc

And I do not have these issues.

If I could send you my install of LT I would.

Unless we or someone else can replicate the issue you have there is little that can be accomplished remotely.

Message 43 of 58
pendean

Share a DWG file with instructions to replicate the problem, let's all have a look and test.

If it's a new problem, it's a new problem: report it (as we all will if true) and they will eventually fix it in this release or next, or one after that (see my earlier post).

Message 44 of 58
hits4200

Wasn't referring to you. But thank you for the advice. I may have read some of your useful information and for that I say thank you. Sent from my iPhone 5
Message 45 of 58
hits4200

Lol nice one! Sent from my iPhone 5
Message 46 of 58
pendean

>>>...For software that costs thousands of dollars I expect perfection...<<<
That is a very unrealistic expectation for and from anyone or any entity, even from yourself.

Why can't you post a DWG file with the problem, and give instructions on how to replicate it? I am curious about this resort to everything except providing an actual DWG file.

Message 47 of 58
pendean

I like it too 🙂

Message 48 of 58
hits4200
in reply to: pendean

I'm not at my office. I've been posting from my iPhone. Ill see if I can upload a dwg tomorrow. My boss would kill me if he found out though as all of our dwgs are copyrighted. He frequents this board too. Sent from my iPhone 5
Message 49 of 58
Jimfanuc

I have a drawing that will crash every time you try to hatch.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 50 of 58
hits4200

Everytime you try to hatch? Mine doesn't crash that often. I actually stopped using 2013 and went back to my trusty 2010 version. Try this. Create a new user in windows to log in as. Log out then log back in as the user you just created. Start cad and see if you can open it. Let me know what happens. Sent from my iPhone 5

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 51 of 58
pendean

Delete sensitive information from the file (client name, your company name, street address etc.) before posting: remember to test for the crash and be able to repeat it before uploading.

Message 52 of 58
Jimfanuc

Yes

This drawing has had audit and purge run on it to no avail.  When I click on "Pick Points" and then pick inside the boundary, ACAD will completely lock up.

I can copy clip the boundary to another file, hatch, and copy into the original file fine.

The hatch freeze and the missing "X" to close the windows are new to this version.  My previous versions did not have this problem.

Message 53 of 58
Charles_Shade

Concerning the X: The upper right of your Workspace does not look like this?

X.jpg

WBLOCK your problem drawing into a new file. Does this help the Hatching issue?

Message 54 of 58
Jimfanuc
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Correct, mine has the entire "X" / Minimize / Maximize dialog box missing on the drawing full windows and the drawing recovery dialog box.  I have to do a split screen to get the "X" to reappear.  On the drawing recovery, I have to close ACAD and reopen to close the dialog box.

The close on ACAD main program are fine.

Message 55 of 58
Charles_Shade

Message 56 of 58
Jimfanuc
in reply to: Charles_Shade

yes

here is a snip

Message 57 of 58
Charles_Shade

One more thing to ask.

This screenshot is from the QAT. The dropdown says Hide Menu Bar.

Are you showing this of Show Menu Bar?

Or from the Command line: MENUBAR = 1

Message 58 of 58
NYI_NYI
in reply to: Michalsz7

Disabling Object Snap (F3 button) might help to minimize 'freezing' during hatch operations. Cheers!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost