Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2013 Hardware Requirments and Dell Precision M6800

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sisadmin_rick
1230 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2013 Hardware Requirments and Dell Precision M6800

Hi,

I am working on a new laptop configuration for a client that is running AutoCAD LT 2013 to replace his older system. 

The client would like a laptop system with oodles of RAM (like 64GB) and a 17" screen and the MFG of choice as Dell.

I can get the 17" screen and 32GB on a Precision M6800, however I am uncertain the hardware I am configuring is compatible with the LT 2013.

The OS would be Win 7 Pro

The highlights are:

- Dell Precision M6800

- Intel® Core™ i7-4800MQ Processor (Quad Core 2.70GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo, 6MB 47W, w/HD Graphics 4600)

- AMD FirePro M6100 w/2GB GDDR5, or

- Nvidia® Quadro® K4100M w/4GB GDDR5, or

- Nvidia® Quadro® K3100M w/4GB GDDR5

- 32GB RAM

- 256GB SSD

Can I get thumbs up or down on each of the above items as to their compatibility?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: sisadmin_rick

Dell Customer Sales reps can help you configure a laptop for LT while you wait here: IMHO FirePro is better and you'll regret not getting a 512Gig SSD drive sooner than you think.

And learn how to disable the 4600 Graphics card on board, it will cause fits for your user when it competes with your add-on card.
Message 3 of 6
w.pajzderski
in reply to: pendean

I already have quite similar configuration: Dell Precision M6800 / WIN 7-64 / i7 / HD4600 + Firepro M6100

and the situation is that the graphics is basically NOT WORKING

the Firepro M6100 card was supposed to be dedicated for such solutions, while Revit cant recognize it..

do you think that disabling the onboard card can help ?

how can I do that ?

Message 4 of 6
drjohn
in reply to: w.pajzderski

@w.pajzderski wrote:

I already have quite similar configuration: Dell Precision M6800 / WIN 7-64 / i7 / HD4600 + Firepro M6100

and the situation is that the graphics is basically NOT WORKING

the Firepro M6100 card was supposed to be dedicated for such solutions, while Revit cant recognize it..

do you think that disabling the onboard card can help ?

how can I do that ?

Reboot your system and when it shows on the screen press F2 to enter BIOS and find the display settings.  Disable any card you don't want to use or specify the one you DO want to use.  Whatever it offers.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 5 of 6
mark.wright
in reply to: pendean

im having the same trouble, how do i turn off the graphics card???
Message 6 of 6
drjohn
in reply to: mark.wright

@mark.wright wrote:
im having the same trouble, how do i turn off the graphics card???

Have you checked BIOS when booting?

Reboot the box > watch for the PRESS F2 (or whatever, depending on your BIOS version and mfr) TO ENTER SETUP on the screen (it's pretty quick so if you miss it just reboot and try again.

Once you get into BIOS look for anything to do with the display and select the display you want to use or disable the one you don't want to use.

If you are a novice to using BIOS you might want to get some experienced help. You can brick your system if you do it wrong.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost