Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2013 - crashes when closing drawings.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
mjobrien10
815 Views, 10 Replies

Autocad LT 2013 - crashes when closing drawings.

Hello,  We are currently using autocad 2013 LT on windows 7 64bit.  The program runs a bit slower than 2012 but the main issue is as follows.

when closing a drawing or multiple drawings (wether they have been recently saved or not) autocad will go into a "not responding" mode and then crash out.  This happens at about 70% of the time and is completely random.  It may crash a drawing one time but not the next time you are in the same drawing, or when closing multiple drawings may allow you to save some of them when cad closes but then crashes before all of them are saved.  We have all of the current updates and fixes.  Anyone have an idea as to what this problem is?  We had the same issue with 2012 but not nearly as often.

Thanks,

Mike

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
bgingerich
in reply to: mjobrien10

Try installing SP1.

(if ("mysolution"=answer) then (click "Accept As Solution"))
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Message 3 of 11
pendean

>>....We had the same issue with 2012...<<<

That's not a good sign.

In addition to the solution posted above... If the AutoCAD crash still occurs try testing in diagnostic more to try and pinpoint any conflict:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6453117&linkID=9240617
If there are no crashes while in this mode, your issue is a system related problem.

Message 4 of 11
Shawn_Niles
in reply to: pendean

Some other things to look at:

1) Can you narrow it down to a block of the same files that crash each time? If so, you might just have a few corrupt files on your hands.

2) Does this happen on all machines or only one? Might be a bad install.

3) Do all users experience this or only one?

As others have said, you likely need to narrow this down a bit more before you can pinpoint the cause.

Shawn Niles
Message 5 of 11
mjobrien10
in reply to: Shawn_Niles

Thank you for the reply, here is what we have found thus far.

1) we have not been able to narrow it down to any specific files as the problem is consistantly random and will happen and not happen on any given file.

2) Yes, the issue happens on multiple machines and has since we had release 2012.

3) Yes, all users experience this problem when using the software.

I am currently working with a guy in SQA to resolve the issue but am still open to any other ideas.

Message 6 of 11
pendean

Did you try the system test I suggested? That would reveal a conflict outside of files.
Message 7 of 11
mjobrien10

the info in the link only gives information for releases 2008-2011, will it work ok with 2013?

Message 8 of 11
pendean

Message 9 of 11
mjobrien10

Alright, so i went into the diagnostic mode selected in the link.  I opened and closed about 50 different drawing files and never had the error that crashes autocad.  Here's the catch, in the diagnostic mode I did not have access to my network where we store the majority of our files.  Any ideas...

Message 10 of 11
pendean

In diagnosis mode, your video card driver is also suspended, as are all background running applications and server connections too.

To see if the problem is a network service, reboot your PC as normal except physically unplug from the network: not test AutoCAD as you just did off the network but with Windows, AutoCAD and your apps running as usual when it goes into a 'not responding' mode and crashes.

If it happens in this scenario, start by terminating one background application at a time and retesting. if none seem to cure the problem, consider updating (or downgrading) your video card drivers, turning off Win7's Aero theme and changing your hardware acceleration settings in 2013.

If no crash happens, contact your IT, present your testing results to them and ask for guidance/help as to what may be the cause of the hangup in 2013 that did not happen in 2012.

Message 11 of 11
mjobrien10

alright, unplugged from the network and the crash still happens.  I'll spend the day testing out some of these other ideas...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost