Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2012 Ports

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kleinsak
379 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2012 Ports

We are trying to test AutoCAD LT 2012 trial before we commit, and because of our network security settings the firewall is blocking ports 1494 and 2598.  We have full and LT versions of AutoCAD 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010 and have never ran into this problem.  Before the director will allow those ports to be opened he wants to know why AutoCAD LT 2012 trial requires them.  I've contacted customer support but they didn't have an answer.  I know the ports are used by Citrix ICA, but how is that incorporated with AutoCAD LT 2012 trial?  Will these ports be required in the non trial versions? 

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Charles_Shade
in reply to: kleinsak

You will get some better answers but AutoCAD uses some online information to verify user and for the Help dialog.

Activation will need to be done online.

Autodesk Exchange is likely the culprit wanting to get out into the world and poke around.

These can be (Well I've done this to Communication Center in the past) disabled thru Registry revisions but you may need to complete an install to be able to do this.

You may also want to look thru the Installation and Licensing Forum:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

And maybe ask over here as well:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/CAD-Managers/bd-p/112

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
Kudos + gladly accepted if you are feeling magnanimous

Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: kleinsak

AutoCAD 2012 is the first release that supports Citrix.  If you are not on a Citrix environment, you probably won't have any worries in using your program or these ports.  Your 2012 trial should not install or work any differently than your previous releases.  If you run into any problems, just repost here.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost