AutoCAD LT General Discussion

PIC_Gregory
Message 1 of 4 (416 Views)
Accepted Solution

AutoCAD LT 2012 not printing any images

416 Views, 3 Replies
09-26-2012 05:45 AM

Hello all,

One of the clients at my work is experiencing difficulty printing using AutoCAD LT 2012.  When he prints, only a blank page comes out of the printer.  I have tested the printer and I am sure it works properly.  It printed both a Windows test page and a color photo with no problems, which is leading me to believe that he has a setting within the program that should be changed.

Are there any likely settings that I should check, and where can I find them?

-Greg

Printing to what?
Using what driver?
Sheet size?

Can they print to anything else (PDF and DWF come to mind, something we all have)?

Most likely it's a driver limitation of the device, unless they put the images on a noplot layer or trying to do some kind of "hidden" 3D printing.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 4 (415 Views)

Re: AutoCAD LT 2012 not printing any images

09-26-2012 05:47 AM in reply to: PIC_Gregory

Printing to what?
Using what driver?
Sheet size?

Can they print to anything else (PDF and DWF come to mind, something we all have)?

Most likely it's a driver limitation of the device, unless they put the images on a noplot layer or trying to do some kind of "hidden" 3D printing.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
PIC_Gregory
Message 3 of 4 (387 Views)

09-26-2012 08:52 AM in reply to: PIC_Gregory

The user found out what the problem was.  It wasn't the driver.  He needed to add an additional printer within the printers "Printing Preferences" dialog box.  It was honestly something I would never have though of.  Thank you anyway.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 4 (375 Views)

09-26-2012 11:05 AM in reply to: PIC_Gregory

Thanks for the follow-up.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!