Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2012 Multiline Attribute - mtext grips

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Fabulous1
797 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2012 Multiline Attribute - mtext grips

I've posted about this before and I've come back to it, and this time with an example drawing attached.

When I select a block that contains a multiline attribute my AutoCAD does not display the corner grips of the attribute if its location is "locked" in the block.  Is there a setting I can change to show grips in 2012?  Apparently a co-worker of mine that uses 2011 has grips when selecting the block.

If I unlock the location I have grips (not the same ones I am used to seeing from mtext though) but I do not want the attribute location unlocked

I was understanding that the multiline attribute was simply an attribute containing an mtext.  Am I mistaken?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Fabulous1

so was your colleague accessing the same block too?

Message 3 of 3
Fabulous1
in reply to: Fabulous1

Yes my colleague was accessing the same block, however I was incorrect, he was never able to access the grips of the mtext attribute without using the attribute editor.  It was a mistake on his part explaining things to me.

So it appears that AutoCAD LT is not written to allow what it is that I am talking about . . . at least not in its "un-customized" default state when it is installed.  Does anyone have a way to make work this work though?  A macro, or customizing a diesel expression somewhere?  I am open to learning how to do that kind of thing

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost