Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2012 Issues

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rspierenburg
638 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad LT 2012 Issues

We recently just updated from AutoCAD LT 2011 to AutoCAD LT 2012, there were no issues or errors shown on install, nor on the profile migration.  I've installed LT 2012 on 4 computers so far and they all seem to have the same issues, for eg.

Fields no longer work, when trying to add a field to a MultiLine Text I get an error saying "There are no registered modules to edit fields or demand loading is currently disabled."  and on the command line it shows "AcRxDynamicLinker failed to load 'c:\program files\autodesk\autocad lt 2012 - english\acfield.arx'

Also it no longer understands the block edit BEDIT command.

I read somewhere that this could be caused by too long of a file path, but if AutoCAD installed this as its default file location then shouldnt 'everyone' be having the same issues? and yet I can't find reference to this issue at all.

Any suggestions?  I would consider re-installing, but for it to happen on 4 difference computers?  very odd.

Rob

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: rspierenburg

Roll back the Migration in LT2012 and see if your problems go away:

http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocad/enu/online-help/ACD/2012/ENU/pages/WS1a9193826455f5ff-56c0cd801...

Message 3 of 6
knasello
in reply to: rspierenburg

I am having this same issue with Autocad 2012.  I have "reset settings to default" but it hasnt made any difference.  not being able to use fields is a deal breaker for me - I have come to rely on them, and it basically paralizes my working files. Any help would be appreciated in this matter.

Thank You

Message 4 of 6
pendean
in reply to: knasello

Do you need to remove and reinstall LT2012?

Is LT2012 fully updated/patched?

FIELD command and options work fine OOTB here.

Message 5 of 6
knasello
in reply to: pendean

I am using regular Autocad 2012 - not LT, but i assume it is a similar issue - it is the only version of this error that i was able to find.  That is my next solution, if all else fails, re-install.

Message 6 of 6
pendean
in reply to: knasello

There are two reinstall options: a repair and a full reinstall. If you try both and they don't work, your next step may be a full removal and reinstall. None of these are pleasant, please backup your customizations before attempting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost