Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2012 is not printing what I have in print preview

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cognitivecomputing
407 Views, 2 Replies

Autocad LT 2012 is not printing what I have in print preview

I have a friend who is having issues printing with their copy of Autocad LT 2012.

She has a Macbook Pro laptop (2.0GHz i7, 8gb ram, running lion) running Parallels with Windows 7.    The printer is a HP Officejet 7500a, and she is trying to print on 11x17 paper.   Up til a month ago  she was able to print her .dwg files to the scale she specified.   Now, when you print, it prints a scale smaller than what it should be.  Using print preview, the drawing should take up 1/3 of the page, but the printout is more or less an 1/8 of the paper. 

I noticed her driver for the printer was a officejet 2800, or something similar.  Switching to the 7500 driver would result in not having the option for 11x17 paper size!

Tried the HP universal driver... printer didn't like that

Tried to calibrate the printer, but it still wouldn't print the right size.  
She has stressed to me that she uses 1/4" to 1' and hasn't changed anything  for it to stop printing.

Best solution I could come up with after scouring google for a few hours is to print to pdf and it prints to scale correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Windows System restore back to a month everything worked might be worth trying: something changed, if not system related then a procedure.
Message 3 of 3

Forgot about trying that.  I will have her try that and post back, thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost