Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2012 - Field Problem

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
455 Views, 15 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2012 - Field Problem

Hi there.  I am having a problem with a field in a block attribute - it is an Object field that is selecting a viewport and displaying the "Standard Scale".  see the scale attribute of the detail title marker in the attached file.  The problem is that I can set the viewport to any standard scale, 1:100, 1:50, 1:10, 1:2, and the field displays the proper scale . . . HOWEVER, if I select 1:5 scale the field displays "custom".  I don't understand why this is happening.  If 1:5 is in the list of scales then is it not a Standard Scale?

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Start SCALELISTEDIT command: is 1:5 listed?

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Yes it is in SCALELISTEDIT.  It would have been interesting to see it listed in the viewport scale drop-down but not in the SCALELISTEDIT.

Message 4 of 16
pendean

So it does not show up in the viewport scale list?

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Sorry, it is showing in the SCALELISTEDIT command and is also showing in the viewport list.

Any ideas why the Object field I am using does not recognize the 1:5 scale as a Standard Scale?

Message 6 of 16
pendean

I don't have 1:5 in my list, and if I add it your FIELD shows it as CUSTOM too (since it is custom for me).

What is your FIELD code?

Message 7 of 16
steven-g

I had a look at your drawing, I don't have a solution but I figured out that the problem is caused by you using the 1:5 scale to annotate objects in some of your blocks. If you open up Scalelistedit you will see that you can't edit 1:5 scale either. Try a new blank drawing set the viewport to 1:5 and then try just the field command to show the scale property, and it works just fine. Then add some annotative text into the drawing and scale it to 1:5, regen and your field shows custom. By the way deleting the blocks and even purging the drawing afterwards wont fix the issue. Maybe there is a variable that changes somewhere, but that is why it happens.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: steven-g

I wish I could agree with your explanation of the problem Steven-G, except I just went through every block in the drawing and none of them annotative . . . at least I can not see how you find that any of them are annotated to 1:5 scale because I don't find them on my end.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous

Pendean, I am not sure what you mean by Field Code . . . if I click into the block attribute, select "edit Field" at the bottom of the screen it says "Field Expression" - %<\AcObjProp Object(%<\_ObjId 8796080017968>%).StandardScale2 \f "%tc1%en0">%

is that what you were looking for?

Message 10 of 16
Anonymous

Steven-G, I did just now try to insert that block into a blank drawing, set the viewport scale to 1:5 and inserted the field into the block attribute and selected my viewport . . . even in the new blank drawing it displays a 1"5 scale as "Custom" in the field . . . so I can't see how you make it work on your end but not on mine . . . ?

Message 11 of 16
steven-g

Your blocks have scale options. But anyway try the attachment now. My last comment may not actually have been the cause. I selected all the viewports at 1:5 and according to the proerties table they varied so I reset them to 1:5. I then edited the attribute fields and it seams to have fixed it. As soon as you go into a viewport and change the scale it goes back to custom. I would suggest locking your viewports. And if they go funny just reset the viewport scale and edit the attribute.

I still can't say why it does it, but it makes your drawings workable again.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous

Too weird . . . Steven-G's work-a-round is not working at my end . . . if its not working for 1 scale out of 30 then I guess I'm just going to have to live it.

Thanks for the effort none the less.

Message 13 of 16
steven-g

I just downloaded your original file again fresh. Double clicked on the attribute selected edit field, it showed up as pointing to the center property of the viewport, so I selected the scale, exited the attribute editor and hey presto it was ok 1:5.

The only thing that I can think of now, is I started looking at this whilst at work ACAD 2012 LT. But found the fix at home ACAD 2009. I'll try again on monday at work.

Message 14 of 16
steven-g

Very wierd it stays as custom in autocad 2012, but I did find a workaround, double click on the attribute and go into the edit field, then choose the 'custom scale' (and not standard scale) property towards the top of the list and then at the right hand side in the format column choose 1:#. For some reason this will work.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous

Thanks Steven-G.  2 things . . . this is not a problem I care to address, but I find it weird that the field was pointing to the center point of the viewport when you re-downloaded the file.  I just checked it @ my end and it was pointing to the Standard Scale when I opened it.  No matter.

That work-a-round you suggested does work, although (as I think you expect) it is only needed for the 1:5 scale.  If I set the field to "Custom Scale" but then later on I need to change the scale of the viewport then I have to change the field again . . . as I think you know the field is there so I don't need to worry about editing the attribute.

Does anyone know if there is a glitch in AutoCAD LT 2012 that causes this problem? ANyone know if anyhting out there will fix it?  I have installed the latest AutoCAD LT 2012 service packs . . . but I see no hotfix on the Autodesk website for this problem.

Message 16 of 16
steven-g

I personally think the problem lays somewhere in how fields work, but that is another story. The workaround should work for any scale, but you will need to regen in order for any changes to update (there should be no reason to go back and edit anything), if it doesn't work after a regen then that is another issue and probably has to do with the variable FIELDEVAL.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost