Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2011 Program freezes when accessing file command to open file

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
jwbischof
1698 Views, 14 Replies

Autocad LT 2011 Program freezes when accessing file command to open file

I am unable to use the file command open, new etc.  I click on open and nothing happens no file box opens.  As soon as you do anything else the program says not responding and you have to close it down.  I can click on an autocad file in windows explorer and bring up the file this way but as soon as you try any file command such as save as the program freezes again.  I am running windows 7 professional and the autocad LT 2011 64 bit program.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Charles_Shade
in reply to: jwbischof

Just start or always been like this?

Message 3 of 15
pendean

While you reply to any questions posted...

A long answer to a question no one can answer definitively:

http://ask-leo.com/not_responding_what_does_it_mean_and_what_do_i_do_about_it.html

Message 4 of 15
jwbischof

Installed the program about a month ago when I installed a new hard drive and new windows 7 professional operating system 64 bit.  The program worked the first few times then started to have this problem.  I was able to open a file from windows explorer and got the program to work.  Now this only opens the drawing and allows you to work on it but not use the file commands without hanging.  Call Autocad but since I originally installed the 32 bit version last year before I upgraded my components and reinstalled the 64 bit version they will not help me unless I call tech support and pay them.  So they suggested I try the discussion group approach.  I am thinking of removing the program and reinstalling.

Message 5 of 15
jwbischof
in reply to: pendean

Was hoping someone might of had this problem and knew what exactly might be causing it.  Thanks for the information.

Message 6 of 15
Charles_Shade

I had Windows updates recently cause difficulty with LT after the update was installed. There were five and I have only allowed one to go back thus far. May be worth restoring to sometime prior to any Windows updates if you allow these or see a Restore Point that may take this into account.

And if you by chance ran a Registry Cleaner that may muck things up.

Norton products still causing problems? Anyone?

Message 7 of 15
jwbischof

I unistalled and reinstalled this seems to have fixed the problem.  I turned off the registry cleanup in Norton's in case that was causing problems.

Message 8 of 15
drjohn

Norton and AutoCAD 2010 are well known for not playing well together.

I suspect it may be crawling into your 2011 version.

Check this post out from RK McSwain out:  http://cadpanacea.com/node/155

There are many other issues concerning Norton and ACAD. A quick goog turns up about 12 million  Smiley Very Happy

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 9 of 15
jwbischof

Reloading had not worked this morning and then I saw your post and followed the link which led me to the nortons 360 ver 3.0 fix.  Since I am running ver 5.0 I searched the symantec site and found the ver 5.0 instructions and followed them which I believe unloaded the file buShell.dll.  Once I did this the program will now open files.  Thank You!  

Norton says there is no fix at this point and by doing this disables Norton's back-up, but since I am not using it anyway it is no big deal.

Thank You very much for providing the solution.

Message 10 of 15
jwbischof

Here is the link to the fix that worked for my AutoCADLT 2011 issue.

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20101117124343EN&ln=en_US

Message 11 of 15
Charles_Shade

I would consider that further confirmation not to use Norton product with Autodesk product. Seems to be a long term systemic problem that has never been corrected.

Message 12 of 15
shivshant

I also faced similar problem any remedy to resolve this?

Shivshant

Message 13 of 15
Charles_Shade
in reply to: shivshant

What have you tried?

The solution that has been presented here is to disable or remove Norton 360 as has been suggested in a similar post recently.

Message 14 of 15
david

This fixed my AutoCAD 2012 and Norton business Suite problem as well.  Thanks!!

Message 15 of 15
morlandini

Finally SOLVED!

The problem is related to the key <HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT\R16\ACADLT-9001:410\Profiles\<<Unnamed Profile>>\Dialogs\OpenSaveAnavDialogs> as explained also here http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2012/Autocad-Wont-Save-Open-Export-Save-As-and-I-m-not-using-t...

The solution is on the link: inhibite the change of the key.

Bye.

max®

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost