Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2011 mep object enabler not installing

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
djziese
1970 Views, 11 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2011 mep object enabler not installing

I am having trouble installing the "AutoCAD Architecture-MEP Object Enabler for AutoCAD LT." Whenever I try to install it, I immediately get a screen that says, "Setup was unable to detect any target applications for AutoCAD Architecture-MEP Oblject Enabler for AutoCAD LT." I have tried restarting the computer, running the install program with LT on and off, etc.

Anyone have any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
djziese
in reply to: djziese

The message I am trying to get rid when I open certain files says that I am missing enabler AECBBLDSRV60 for AutoCAD MEP 2008. See attached for screen captures.

804i2BFAA39A74CA048A806iA047C59C87E7A819

Message 3 of 12
pendean

That OE does not work.

Nothing you can do about it until Autodesk fixes it or removes it.

Two things to know:

- If the intent is to send that MEP file back to the 2008 user, then you opening and saving it in LT2011 (regardless of what your save format is set to) will ruin those AEC objects for them for life. Do you know what the future distribution of this DWG file is?

- If this is a one way file delivery (you keep it, they never see it back), ask them to "export to autocad" the file for you and send you a version with no AEC content in it (or you could do the same with the -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command and see if you can do it too).

Message 4 of 12
djziese

Is there a way to identify the proxy object and remove it so I don't get a popup every time I open files? The main reason I was trying to install the object enabler is to get rid of the popup asking me if I want to display proxy objects.

Message 5 of 12
djziese

Dean: I turned off PROXYNOTICE per one of your previous posts (below). 

830i0F6AB6E321058F4E

Message 6 of 12
alison.gangler

Hi, the updated MEP OE for AutoCAD LT 2011 has been posted to the following location:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14896138&linkID=9240818

This will allow you to run the OE install and have it successfully target AutoCAD LT. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you.

Alison Gangler, Autodesk Product Support

2107iFB871611E181A30A

Alison Gangler
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Alison Gangler
Install Engineer/PDG-AEC Product Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 12
SudhaThapaliya

Can we find mep object enabler for Autocad LT 2013?

Thanks,

Sudha

Message 8 of 12
pendean
in reply to: SudhaThapaliya

All LT enablers are posted here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334440&linkID=9240818

If you can't find the one you want, it's not available (or not available yet): no one at Autodesk pre-announces releases, so watch it regularly.

Message 9 of 12
SudhaThapaliya
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the link. :). i installed it and now I am trying to export Autocad Architecture drawings to Autocad LT english but when i hit EXPORTTOAUTOCAD /AECTOACAD, it says unknown command.

Is this because I opened Autocad Architecture drawing in Autocad LT 2013?

Thanks,

Sudha

Message 10 of 12
pendean

-EXPORTTOAUTOCAD has a dash in the name of the command: type it.

If you get an unknown command your LT 2013 installation is messed up or missing a component and you may need to reinstall, it has nothing to do with the DWG file source AFAIK.

Message 11 of 12
SudhaThapaliya
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for your quick reply. I tried with dash too but it doesn't work and pops up a window named' choose an application'. I have attached the pop up window here. Hope it helps to figure out the problem. Thanks once again for the responses.

Sudha

Message 12 of 12
pendean

-PURGE command (note there is a dash in the name), type it and purge the REGAPPS loaded in the file first, see if that helps.

Or you could ask the file creator to "export to autocad" for you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost