Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2011 hanging on startup

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
354 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad LT 2011 hanging on startup

Our client’s Autocad LT 2011 freezes on startup. The splash screen and the program window appears ok and hangs (with spinning circle) as soon as the program interface appears. There isn’t any error messages. 

Computer is a Mac and is running the software on Parallels virtual machine with Windows 7 x86. Everything worked on Friday but then on Monday the problem started. 

So far we’ve tried all of these:

-checked that if some updates were installed automatically on Monday - none 
-tested without network and with another
-disabled Infocenter
-uninstalled and reinstalled the whole application
-uninstalled .NET-framework
-tested with another user account
-updated OSX and therefore pretty much eliminated the possibility of Mac-issue

-and last but not certainly least, we installed a whole new virtual Windows and started from scratch without any updated, still doesn’t work and the same issue persists

Everything else on Mac and in Windows works perfectly, so this makes it even trickier to pinpoint the problem.

Hanging on startup seems to be quite an usual issue with Autocad, but is there anything we might have missed?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Start with this link (see reply #10), then explore more at that website: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?96237-Parallels-5-autocad-2010-freezes
Additional possible fixes:
https://www.google.com/search?q=autocad+freezes+in+parallels

Since it worked one day and not the next I suspect an added or removed software or hardware driver or plugged-in device may also e the issue. But that's an uphill search on your end.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thanks, we didn't think to browse the forums for Parallels.

I think we can rule out the possibility for Windows driver issues since we already created a whole new virtual machine. Client might purchase a license for the native Mac-version, but it's possible that we still need to investigate this further.

Message 4 of 5
pendean

Agreed, you need to find the culprit for sure.

Note that the MAC interface for AutoCAd is very different so your user will have a learning curve associated with the change over.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks for the links.

Unfortunately the one in Parallels forums doesn't seem to help since the hang also occurs when opening files directly -> therefore starting the application directly from the directory doesn't do much.

Also, the same problem persists when using VMWare Fusion, so Parallels Tools can't be the culprit. It seems that others also have this issue but only thing I found was questions about this but no answers.

I really do appreciate these but it seems that this cannot be solved. I had a suspicion that license check might be bugging out but since the app basically starts so I might be wrong.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost