Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2011 - crashing when starting it

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
tpnet
802 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2011 - crashing when starting it

Hello,

since today when I start AutoCAD LT 2011 it will pop up briefly and will close then - without any error or message. Even in the event viewer there is no entry. When I look into the task-manager the acadlt.exe will appear briefly and then will disappear again.

What I have already tried:

* installed the latest updates for AutoCAD LT 11

* installed the latest Windows Updates

* tried to start the programm as administrator

* tried to start it with different user accounts

* turned off Antivirus (Kaspersky)

All this didn't work.

Standalone Edition

How can I solve this problem?

Greetings

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Charles_Shade
in reply to: tpnet

First try a System Restore to a couple of days ago and see if that clears this up for you.

If so - DO NOT install the Windows updates. I've found that .NET updates; especially, seem to muck with working editions of LT.

Message 3 of 9
tpnet

Hello Charles,

thank you for your help. I just tried your suggestion, but unfortunately it didn't work.

Any other suggestions how I can start my AutoCAD LT?

Greetings

Message 4 of 9
Charles_Shade

Follow this advice from Autodesk

Remove Autodesk Products:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240817&id=2887771&siteID=123112

Grab a prgram named REVO UNINSTALLER (free) and remove the latest .NET and any updates to it.

Reinstall AutoCAD on a clean system. This will reinstall the .NET needed too I believe.

Message 5 of 9
tpnet
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Hello Charles,

thanks again for your help.

It wasn't .NET. After searching a little bit more in the www, I discovered that the service "FLEXNet Licensing Service 64" was deactivated - therefore AutoCAD LT 2011 wouldn't start. Re-enabling the service solved my problem!

I don't know what might have disabled this service.

Greetings

Message 6 of 9
Charles_Shade

Can you post the link to that solution in case someone else comes across the same problem and mark that post as Solved?

Message 7 of 9
tpnet

I have no link for asolution, as I figured it out myself.

What worked for me, was to enable the service "FLEXNet Licensing Service 64" again. After this, my problem was solved and AutoCAD LT 2011 started without any problems.

Greetings

Message 8 of 9
Charles_Shade

I was looking for whatever you had discoved on the www that led you to the FLEXNet Service.

Figured you had read something in a white paper or article or other Forum to lead you to that path.

Message 9 of 9
tpnet
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost